Dumaguete Info Search

hello

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by eddy, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddy

eddy DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi I am a 58yr old english guy living in sta. monica Dumaguete, I am retired, I have a nice rented house and 2 great filipino helpers, no wife yet still looking ha ha. I have been here 5 months 2 months in boracay 3months here in dumaguete. local people could not be more helpful and kind. I visit why not a few times a week also lapu fish restaurant, both are good. 1 play badminton we have a net set up in the garden, and I like backgammon and a friendly game of poker. I found this web site very helpful, thank you Dane great job. bye for now:smile:

2. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Hi eddy ,welcome. Good you found this Dumaguete info forum ...like an online community.Are you living right there in the Sta Monica resort or just in that section of Banilad.Used to visit my uncle and family there ,a practicing lawyer.We also nearly bought a lot in that area inland few hundred meters from the beach but took a diff one.Sounds great you have 2 nice helpers , that's only a dream here living in the UK ,apparently having family here we all have to tackle most domestics apart from work outside the home .I see helpers as an added bonus to living esp when having kids,gives you time to do other things.Anyway,hope you'll have the best of your time in Dumaguete.

3. OP
    OP
    eddy

eddy DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    sta monica

Hi Pickled Newt our house is about 400mtr from the main highway sta. monica resort is about half a mile away, yes 2 helpers they are like family I spoil them and they spoil me. yes you could only dream of that in the uk. we have a lovely 4 month old golden retriever bindie, everyone loves her including the local kids. dumaguete is nice, we go swimming at a resort at duine 250peso entrance includes some food, lovely resort. only fault is one of my helpers melvin comes from romblon and the other che-che comes from aklan, so a long trip home for them, also I would like it a few degrees cooler, I looked at valencia, but tagatay might be our next move, but it won't be for a while yet. best wishes

4. Judelyn Jackson

Judelyn Jackson DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello Eddy:

We wanted to add our welcome to the forum! We are currently in the states but will be vacationing in Dumaguete from July 1 to Sept 1. We plan to move there permanently no later than next May. I am an American and my wife Judelyn is a Filipino citizen. Hope to have an opportunity to meet you while we are there. I love a good poker game too.

Carlos

5. sheelah

sheelah DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Carlos, we will be in Dumaguete from middle of July and will be staying for 3 weeks. We might run into each other, huh?:smile:

6. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Hi eddy

What's up with the birthday boy :D
    Anyway ,all the best have fun !

newt

7. OP
    OP
    eddy

eddy DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi thanks pickled newt yep my birthday fire brigade were on standby so many candles on the cake ha ha judelyn when you come over from the states in july look me up, look forward to meeting you,

8. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Welcome to the site, Eddy, and Happy Birthday! Hey, having the fire brigade around makes for a good party:wink:

We'll also be in Dumaguete during July. Hopefully there'll be another forum get together.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.