Dumaguete Info Search

HELP Us to Find some ways to go to Dumaguete....

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Chris_Ana2007, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris_Ana2007

Chris_Ana2007 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Everyone,

We're both busy attending things now here in our for our incoming visit there in Dumaguete. Our problem is, how do we get there or find this "Jet Boat" as they said that reach Dumaguete from Cebu?

From the Aiport in Cebu how do we reach this port and where we could find this place in Cebu? How much is the cost? And what time are the departure time of this "Jet Boat" :confused: PLEASE let us know about certain information that we need.

THANK GUYS For reading this POST!
    Have a Great Day and God Bless.

Chris and Ana

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Hi chris and Ana,
    Hello Lynn,

there are plenty of options to go from Cebu to Duma, just read through the threads and use the search function of the board. Some Ferrys going this way on different timeschedule daily are Weesam Express, Ocean Jet and Super ferry.
    even by bus with Ceres liner, no problem... and the cheapest way

Rhoody

3. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    chris and ana,

i think you are more interested in riding the Fastcraft, so by the time you step out of cebu airport, just grab and taxi and tell the cabie to send you to the terminal or pier number of ocean jet or weesam express, i think they are located in pier 4 just inline with supercat, fare for taxi from airport might cost you 100php then for the fast craft nabe 400+

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    When did you ride the last time a supercat? they dont go to Dumaguete anymore since a long time, the have Cebu-Tagbilaran...
    Weesam is the fastest with 4.5 hours

Rhoody

5. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Just surf the net,it has some answers.

6. OP
    OP
    Chris_Ana2007

Chris_Ana2007 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello India-One and Guys.
    Yes were thinking to ride a fast Boat that they called "Jet Boat" hhmmm I do hope thats the right name India-One:rolleyes: . Sa tinuod lng, its an adventure to us to go there at your place without knowing how to get there. Of course theres a lot of ways to know this things like a brochures on how to get here but still sounds confusing to us.

Indai-One. is it true what Rhoodey told us that the this fast Boat in no longer taken there route going to Duma to Cebu? I mean hes not to sure about this but at least from you whom I know that you know Duma. (if you didnt read my THANKFULL THANKS to you about giving me informations about my Grandfather's clan there in DUma. Again THANK YOU:smile: )

Incase this is true how do we get there in Duma? PLEASE I know I will get your time or attention to reply this But were counting on you. Surely we will get there this Nov 8 around earlymorning and We just want to know the certain details how to get there. YOur information by giving me this inforamtion how to get there in this Fastcraft. We took this a good information. But we ould like to know some other ways just incase.

Thank You.
    Best Regards.

Chris - Ana

7. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    chris - ana,
    the "JET BOAT" that you might be talking is the OceanJet fastcraft, that is one of your option, and the second is the Weesam that rhoody has said, the supercat is no longer doin service to dgte.

Weesam fastcraft (Pier 4,beside supercat) or OCEAnJet(Pier 1) are located.just tell the taxi cabies for these pier numbers which ever you choose

8. sunshinelc70

sunshinelc70 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ocean jet-cebu-duma.

It is good to know a bit more about the ferry situation..
    As i have a few luggages with me to bring over for the volunteer work, i thought of taking the ocean jet though much more expensive but seems a bit easier for the luggage situation. but does any one know how long does it take to get to duma. pier? it leaves cebu at 6:00am but no arrival time. i have email them many times with the questions but no one answer...
    cause i need to contact the village school to have someone come to pick me up at the pier? is duma. pier quite big, where would be a good place to meet people (that i don't really know?!) at the pier?
    thanks
    Lynn

9. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    lynn, you will be there in dgte on or before lunch time because it would depend on their transit dock at tagbilaran, the pier would be a good place ,just tell that someone who's gonna pick you up to met you right at pier docking area for oceanjet, so as they can help you carry your luggage goin out of pier

10. tipmart87

tipmart87 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Checking the ferry timetables

I've been checking the websites for Weesam and ocean jet for their ferry times from Cebu to dumaguete

For the Weesam ferry

WEESAM EXPRESS :: Index

When I enter Cebu to Dumaguete on the date we intend to leave, it gives us a timetable for either

Cebu to Tagbilaran and a time of 2hours

and then

Cebu to Ormoc and a time of 2 hours

but nothing about onward journeys to Dumaguete

When I enter Tagbilaran to Dumaguete it just gives me journeys from Tagbilaran to Cebu????

When I use Oceanjet and the fare is 800pesos

Ocean Jet

I enter Cebu to Dumaguete

I get a 3.40 hour journey after 1 stop over in Tagbilaran. They have 1 crossing that leaves at 6am :eek:

So has anyone any further information on the Weesam boat journey after it gets to Tagbilaran?

I also remember when we went from Cebu to Bohol that they had a weight limit on the luggage and the excess weight was pretty expensive. I've checked the website but cannot find out what their limits are per case. It was either 10lbs or 20lbs and you had to pay the porter to carry your luggage onto the boat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.