Dumaguete Info Search

Here we go again :)

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by danbandanna, Jun 2, 2021.

1. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    After the consultation given to the Local Chief Executive, there will be a few representatives, members of the Negros Oriental Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (NOIATF-EID) on Monday, Governor Roel Degamo will be in line with Executive Order No. 16, series of 2021, that strengthened the implementation of existing laws, ordinances and policies to prevent the cultivation of the number of Covid-19 positive in the province.
    Under the perfect EO, IATF has been ordered by the City of Dumaguete to take steps to control the entry of the city's people.
    All police are also ruled to strong watch over county border controls.
    Party is not allowed; birthday party, fiesta, wedding, funeral wakes, limited to family members.
    Unnecessary activities including Tigbakay, contact and team sports including Basketball, billiards are already prohibited. etc. , drinking in public places, videoki in bars.
    While 14-year-olds down and 66-year olds up are banned from exiting the hom
    e.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There ya go. Keep the most unlikely to follow the rules and the most vulnerable at home.

3. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    @danbandanna you are very astute. When I first read this I thought it was simply a rehash of all the rules already in place.

In amongst a bunch of rehash, it does say: "The local IATF of the City of Dumaguete is hereby directed to formulate measures in order to regulate the entry of people to Dumaguete City."

Maybe they will re-implement the passes. That will help slow the surge down.

4. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    It's all just words as there is no discipline. I can sit on my balcony and see persons with no masks, masks dropped below there nose, spitting and and nose picking 24/7 and dozens strolling by after curfew.

They need to start fining!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    I am sure you will be fined if you are an expat..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    I read that, and also noted they directed the "bubble concept" be used in gov offices, which led me to look it up. So it looks like we are prepping for a long haul. Need to get the curve headed down. We have little info compared to before.

7. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Cebu City, and many other cities, went through a surge a long time ago. Back then is was in vogue to do lock-downs. So Cebu City got through their initial surges with lock-downs.

The problem with Dumaguete is that the city did a good job of containing the spread back then. Now the political mood has changed and lock-downs are no longer in vogue. So Dumaguete has a surge and does not have the tools to deal with it.

This bubble concept may work for the long haul after a surge but now that we are in a surge more drastic area wide solutions are required.

You may remember it was the national IATF that required the province to lift the 14 day quarantine for arriving individuals. This additional liberty brought us the surge in cases.
    Now we have to restrain the local economy to keep the hospitals from overflowing.
    More Liberty = More damage to the economy.

• Like Like x 1