Dumaguete Info Search

Here we go , breathalyser testing

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by oztony, Jul 29, 2014.

1. oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
  2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    150 sets should last one Friday night on Makati Avenue.

3. OP
    OP
    oztony

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    With zero convictions and cash everywhere

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I stopped reading after the "150 drug testing kits for P330,000" part. That's just ridiculous. I wish I knew there was a bid for that contract! A quick Google search and some math......

x150 urine drug testing kits $502.50 USD (21,000 pesos) with bulk discount.

5 Panel Drug Test Strip | FDA Cleared Drug Test Kit

x150 BAC tester $2,700 USD (116,000 Pesos) without a bulk discount.

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro....5&ei=9_jWU4nhKueGywO7-4DoDg&ved=0CJABEKYrMAM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

With P23,000,000 ($534,000 USD) for breathalyzers I could have bought 29,677 breathalyzer kits. Subtract 10,000 units to pay for shipping and have a nice little chunk of change for profit (P7,750,000, or $180,232 USD, to be exact) and they still end up with 19,677 breathalyzers.....more than enough to actually make the law enforceable. And that's just the breathalyzers.

Lets see for the drug tests:

With P330,000 you can buy 2,340 of the p*ss tests (that tests for methamphetamine, the biggest problem here...shabu is a strong diuretic, meth users p*ss a LOT!). These things are small, light weight and consumable so I would subtract 500 units. That's P72,025 ($1,675 USD) for shipping and profit....which is still over a 15 percent mark up and they still walk away with 1840 drug test kits......not 150

d*mn.....I thought I was being greedy with my markup. Even if my stuff wasn't as high tech as what they ordered it would still be a better deal for the country and would allow the law to be enforced. (I wouldn't doubt a second if the law was being pushed by a guy who owns an import business and had this specific bid in mind when writing the law.)

They are paying over 3,500 USD a set for these breathalyzeres. That's ridiculous. The ones the police in the US carry around cost around 150 bucks a unit.

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Yes, but those lower grade units the police in the US carry around do not have a DTI sticker.

That sticker is there to stick you!

:smile:

Larry

6. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Yep, it's going to be expensive to pass these things. :P

Not that I have anything to worry about. I don't drive here. There are few greater invitations of problems in the lives of most than being behind the wheel of a vehicle. That's true of any country. I would be happy if I never had to drive again.

7. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    An other exaggeration

Sun Star 22 July

CITY OF SAN FERNANDO -- Some 15 traffic enforcers and officers received commendations from Mayor Edwin Santiago for their support to the San Fernando Police in its intensified campaign against motorcycle riding criminal suspects operating in the city.
    The San Fernando traffic group is composed of only 70 personnel but was able to apprehend some 2,000 traffic violators since October last year.

2,000 traffic violators divided by 70 personnel is roughly 30 violators/cop
    This over a nine month = 39 week period is a little less than one “apprehension” per week done by a group of 70 police personal.

So, what's the big deal???

8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That they actually got off their asses and did something?:confused:

9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Donut shops taking a big hit

10. OP
    OP
    oztony

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    Excuse sir, you have a reading of .15 , that is going to cost you p2000 , will that be with licence or without