Dumaguete Info Search

Here's one big REASON I left the USA...

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Manzanita, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
  2. OP
    OP
    Manzanita

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    "or you will....get violated"....

Geesh...gimme a break :mad:

3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I know the feeling, I had a far worse experience with the cop's in L.A. and I wasn't speeding or breaking any law. I even had a gun stuck in my face!
    Ron

4. OP
    OP
    Manzanita

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    LA cops are bad, I've read and heard some stories about them that were just hard to believe. Very corrupt.

5. atlargex

atlargex DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Is this another basher thread?

Yeah, I'm sure that's why you guys chose to move to the Philippines.....to get away from all the corruptions sheeesh :rolleyes:......I mean, in your eyes the cops in the Philippines must be a bunch of girl scouts and choir boys compared to the LA counterpart am I right? Give me freaking break, the idiot driver was going almost 100mph & the cop let him off....talk about respecting local laws as a guest of a country, though I do not agree with how the cop delivered his message which was a little less than professional I do not feel it warrants a mass migration....heck I would be pissed too if I see someone disrespecting & breaking our law.

6. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    The bad ones, which, by far, are in the minority, get advertised, and the good ones which are in the minority, rarely ever get mentioned. :(

"...the police department of the city of Los Angeles, California. With just under 10,000 officers [2] and more than 3,000 civilian staff, covering an area of 498 square miles (1,290 km2) with a population of more than 3.8 million people, it is the third largest local law enforcement agency in the United States, after the New York City Police Department and Chicago Police Department."

I've been hassled by cops, and don't appreciate it, but it's usually when I have broken a law, or they think I had. Now that I am older, and wiser :confused: than most cops I get more respect and rarely get hassled.

Staying BELOW the radar is the best thing to do, and driving at 98 MPH on the freeway is NOT staying below the radar! :D

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Guardia Civil-SPAIN!

:eek: A Guardia Civil Officer, in Spain once told me, "Don't come Looking for Us and we Will NOT, come looking for you" I think this Statement, fits all Police forces, anywhere in this World! :wink:

Jack P.:smile:

8. OP
    OP
    Manzanita

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    You said that, not us, and yes, a big reason I'm here is an ironic encounter with a couple of the Houston douchbags in blue.

During Desert Storm, I had just spent 18 months in the stinkin' Persian Gulf. I rode the ammo ship I was on back to the hometown in Texas, standing the 12-4 watch.
    Was staying in Moms house the first night back, woke up at 0200, my bod still on watchstanding time.
    Couldn't sleep, went quietly out of the house to walk around the neighborhood, enjoying the hell out of just being back in the old neighborhood.

Next thing I know I got guns on me, shoved to the ground, being cussed and insulted.

I made the decision right there and then, I'm out of here first chance I get.

10 years later, out of the blue, that chance came, and I'm here.

I'm a law abiding, honorably discharged American veteran, and I still have my pride, respect for others and sense of justice.

YouTube - ‪Cops Fire WIDELY Into Home They Know Has Woman & Baby In It! Cops Execute Iraq War Vet In His Home‬‏

9. F4UCorsair

F4UCorsair DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Man I'd be throwing a party if a cop threatened that I'd be taking it up the shorts in the slammer if he let me off for exceeding the limit by 40%. In our numbers that would be 140 Kms in a 100 zone. That's immediate suspension of licence (over 30 Kms above the limit), a tray back picks up your car and you pay, you get a taxi home, and you go to court for a hearing and that would result in a $1000 fine and possible further suspension + the court and other costs a couple of hundred $$, $300 minimum for the tray back, and taxi home could be $100. That's $1600 cold hard $$ gone and walking for minimum three months.

It may have been unprofessional, but I'd be having a beer, buying a lottery ticket, and thinking what a great guy that cop was!!

As somebody else said, you only hear about the bad guys, not the good, and this guy isn't all bad in my opinion.

Hell, I get pi$$ed off when anybody speeds by that much in my country, let alone a tourist!! I bet he didn't lodge a complaint.

Cops aren't always right, but they have a difficult job, so when one talks, I listen, even if I believe he's talking $hit, and in Australia they don't have the record of US cops. Remember that most of the people they deal with are dirt bags, not decent people like us here.

10. jimf

jimf DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 18
    Hey Manz, this may sound strange, but I would be satisfied to know that cops in my neighborhood are jacking up adult men walking around at 2 in the morning.
    Peace Officers in the United Sates are overwhelmingly the most professsional anywhere in the world.
    I for one am grateful for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.