Dumaguete Info Search

Hi all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Steffe, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Steffe

Steffe DI New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    We are an Swedish/filipina married couple Going om out 8th year together as a couple.
    We where back in ther phils this August to october and spent some time in Dumaguete and siquior and also mannage to visit the camotes for a week.

I am stefan 55y old Married with Jeny from Cebu (Carcar) and at the moment we live in the south of Sweden but vill in about 2y time move to the philippines (early retirement).

• Like Like x 4
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Welcome to the forum. Have you decided where you will be moving to once you come to the Philippines?

3. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    Welcome aboard.... and congrats on 8 years together!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Welcome. Hope you enjoyed your stay.

5. OP
    OP
    Steffe

Steffe DI New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    We are looking for a place to rent not to far from Dumaguete Small cheap to get a feel of living a little longer i just one area.
    We have spent a lot of time in the city in different pension houses. When we find an area we like we will look for something more long term.
    I just started to casch my pension and will sell the house here in Sweden. The process is ongoing already. I need a better climate for my back, and when we visits the phil. I always feel better in back& bomes and get more active.. Last year we had a few days with -36 degrees celsius and an average of - 14 all winter..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cletus

Cletus DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +357 / 107
    Welcome to the forum Steffe.

7. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Need a better question to get better answers. "not to far", how far is that to you? "small", how small is small? "cheap", how cheap is cheap? "a little longer", how long is that?

example: We are looking for a place to rent within 5 minutes walking of Robinson Mall, studio or one bedroom is fine as long as it is under p15,000/month, willing to sign a 6 month lease. Then people would know what you are looking for and can help. It is all in the details.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    My story may give you some help. I went to an agent and paid his petrol (400 pesos) to take me in his car to visit 5 rentals. For reasons of not wanting me to connect direct with the owners, he was never clear about the exact location of the properties .... and that was very important to me. The properties were very mixed with some being well maintained and others looked as if they had been empty a long time; it does not seem important to owners to put properties in the best possible condition before renting or selling. I declined all the properties. Then l noted down numbers from advertising boards and shop windows; all those properties were a mess. BUT ..... after viewing (and declining) one property on that list I decided to look around that area as l was aware where I was and it seemed quiet. I saw some half built houses and asked a Filipino nearby who owned them; he said something which sounded like "twenty" so I proceeded up the road to find number 20. None of the houses were numbered BUT I saw a couple sitting on their porch and asked them. They soon gathered that I was looking for a house to rent and said their friend Mike might know .... a moment later Mike appeared to pay a visit and soon took me to a house for rent. It was a pleasant furnished 3 bed house with open land opposite; a very pleasant location. It was near the main highway but far enough away not to suffer noise or pollution. I took it. The owner had not advertised it anywhere. I got it by a SERIES of lucky moments. So my advice is to find an area you like, not too far from facilities, with a non-muddy road from it to a main road. Then walk around and let people you meet know what you are looking for. Possibly get Jeny to enquire first to avoid long nose tax. Ask about noise in the area and flooding. I am quite new here but suggest Sibulan and Bacong as two starting points. Also check online, including this site.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1