Dumaguete Info Search

hi everyone!

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by wileiz, Aug 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wileiz

wileiz DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone! I am really amazed of the different stories of every diver and member of this site. Me and my wife really enjoy snorkeling and weve been to different snorkeling sites of every tourist spot like boracay,bohol,zambales,and some part of mindanao.But we are now more eager to see apo island and fish sanctuaries in dumaguete since we saw this site on the internet.Actually, long years before ive been in dumaguete because my dad is a local of dumaguete but now residing in Roxas City,he met my mom there.I regret I was not able to visit these fish sanctuaries youre talking about because it did not came into my mind that time.On Sept. 4, we scheduled to go to dumaguete and planning to visit apo island the following day, we are just worried of the the weather might be because as we know, from the start of months of BERS, the weather is not so good and maybe it's hard for us to reach the said island.well, how do we know if we do not try?is there anybody who has just been in apo island?I would be glad if there is someone who can say that the weather is good and pleasant to go snorkeling.I know nobody knows the weather coz it changes all the time we'll just hope and pray that the nice weather would be with us during our stay...Anyway, I enjoyed reading the stories and experiences of Rhoody it's driving us to get into diving but not this time, coz it costs a lot and might tear our pockets but who knows year from now we are starting to dive.It's an honor to be a member of this site. Thanks everyone!

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Welcome to DI,

you never know at that time of the year, but the last weeks it was good and great conditions for Apo trip's. You just wanna leave to Apo early in the morning. At this time a year you ride against the wind when going to Apo, as earlier you go (specially when using a small boat) as better.

Have a great and safe Trip

Rhoody

3. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yahhh.... it is great in apo island yes.....the last time i was there was already more than 9 years ago and that time we have to bring some snorkeling gear.

hello Rhoody..... i just want to know if there are snorkeling gears for rent in apo island...because my friends from manila want to come to dumaguete. we are planning to come by january of 2010.

cheers!!!!

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Yes, you can rent snorkling gear in Apo. If your friends stay in one of the resorts in Dauin, or you guys use one of the Diveshops for your trip you can rent it there too, or it is included in the package.

cheers

Rhoody

5. OP
    OP
    wileiz

wileiz DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    to kewl

My wife & I went to Apo Island Saturday morning. The weather was fine though our boat had to conquer some not-so big waves on our way to the island. We went straight to the marine sanctuary as that was the only spot suitable for snorkeling that time. The rest of the island was experiencing strong currents caused by habagat wind. We snorkelled twice. We had a guide who led us through the water. The first time I took a dip, it felt like the fishes & corals where just within my reach. I realized not every person in this world wouldn't even have the slightest chance to see what we saw.

But anyway, there are available snorkeling equipment for rent @ P100 each, The guy that we had as guide did not come to a price. He just told us to give him what we feel like giving him.So, as you go there again,a lot of amazing stories that you would hear from the folks but im sure they wouldnt tell you unless youre not back to malatapay...

we realized how mystic is the island after we went back to dumaguete to buy sanrival and sylvana to taste the delicacy of the place...

6. OP
    OP
    wileiz

wileiz DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    to rhoody

thanks a lot for the info rhoody we enjoyed our stay in dumaguete and it was really fun hearing some mystical events happened in apo island years back before. actually it was the habagat wind blowing over the ocean and when we crossed the island we just went home earlier to catch up the calm waves

the funny thing is, we only knew there are lots of >>>> in that place when my folks told me when we're back to dumaguete they did not told us ealier coz my wife might not cross the island and wont enjoy the vacation... im looking forward to go back to dumaguete some other time of 2010

7. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Wileiz,
    Welcome on the forum.
    I'm glad you had a good time at Apo ISland and could do some nice snorkeling.
    You can maybe imagine how I do love our place here, just oposite Apo Island and having the shortest distance to it.
    And yes, you need to start diving soon !!:D

8. OP
    OP
    wileiz

wileiz DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    jellyfish,

yup we enjoyed staying in your place specially in apo island. The marine life is very nice and i really like the formations of corals... somehow i can go to dauin sanctuary and the other side of oriental from amlan to bais. I recommended to my friends the delicious taste of sansrival and sylvanas just this morning after coming back to work... well same with the nightlife it is fun, i just missed the tocinos at siony's tocino hehehe ill be back some other time again next year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.