Dumaguete Info Search

Hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by birdwatch, Nov 4, 2016.

1. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I know I owe you an apology for a late introduction. I hope I won't jinx myself now that I finally found something on social media that doesn't make me feel like I'm talking to ghosts. The topics are very familiar and members are funny even if they don't try to be. ^0^
    It's my first time to join a forum--the word alone scares the sh*t out of me because I believe it's only for intelectuals which I am not. I'm a Filipino and I thought my American bf who spent half of his 54 years in Long Island and the other half here in Japan, will change his mind on retiring to the Philippines after all the controversy, but he just shrugs it off saying he'd been brought up in a shitty neighborhood. He's actually very funny, it's a shame he won't join here (yet?). Anyway, I joined the group because only photography interests me on fb but I'm too busy to do that now. In DI forum, I could hear stories about home that don't come with chain letters on my messenger. Like my bf, I have been here in Japan since the early nineties. I moved to his place a few years ago and started working for his friend who rents apartments mostly to foreigners new in Japan. I assist the newcomers until they get comfortable with the system. It's quite unusual but we do it anyway. I have second thoughts of going home in the future but my pension is too small and it would mean I have to work until I die if I stay.
    Pardon my poor comments on threads!
    Cheers!
    M

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cletus

Cletus DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +357 / 107
    Welcome to the forum. Are you originally from Dumaguete area?

3. OP
    OP
    birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thank you! I was raised in Sibulan, my grandfather's side, while lola is from Valencia.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mikala

Mikala DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Nuclear Engineer
    Ratings:
    +144 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Welcome aboard! :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    :2rofl:
    Surely you jest.
    :2rofl:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Billybob

Billybob DI Junior Member Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +37 / 8
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Welcome. I just left Japan last week. I was living in the Niigata prefecture. I found Japan to be Boring, no offense to those who live there. If you don't speak Japanese then Japan can be a little hard to find things or get to know people.

7. OP
    OP
    birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I want that smiley!!! O.O

8. OP
    OP
    birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I've never been to Niigata. I'm pretty good with spoken and written (typing actually) but I have a problem with reading. A lot better now that there's internet. I spent 23 years in Tokyo and this is my 4th year in Yokohama.

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    :wideyed: It's there for you to use. Just click the smiley face on the text editor bar above the box where you type to reply. Is under the "Animated Smiles" tab. :banana:

10. Billybob

Billybob DI Junior Member Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +37 / 8
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I learned the basic hiragana and katakana but that's about it. Unless you know kanji then reading Japanese is very hard. They like to use hiragana, katakana, and kanji all in the same sentence.....aargh.