Dumaguete Info Search

High school teacher nabbed for selling shabu

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by Dave_Hounddriver, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    High school teacher nabbed for selling shabu in buy bust operation
    Published August 1, 2018 3:52am

DUMAGUETE CITY — A high school teacher, who the police had identified as a “high-value target,” was caught in the act of selling suspected shabu in a buy bust operation in Barangay Magatas in Sibulan town on Sunday evening.

Police identified the suspect as Roselier Catacutan Cadeliña, 44 years old, a teacher at the Sibulan National High School’s extension campus in Barangay Ajong.

Arrested with him was 42-year-old Rictor Cabual Ligo, who was previously convicted in a drug-related case; he was released from the New Bilibid Prison in Muntinlupa City last March.

Both men were arrested at a house in Barangay Magatas that reportedly served as a “drug market” where Cadeliña’s customers would frequent to purchase shabu, Sibulan Police chief Senior Inspector Enreque Asonio said.

Cadeliña and Ligo were arrested after the former was caught making a shabu transaction with a police officer the poseur buyer.

Three sachets of suspected shabu, a P500 bill used as mark money, a wallet, and a black motorcycle were seized from the suspects.

The suspects are currently detained at the Sibulan Police Station and are set to face charges of violating Republic Act 9165, or the Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.

Asonio noted that Cadeliña has a record of alleged involvement in illegal drugs, having been tagged as a “high-value target” by the Santa Catalina town police during his stint as a teacher at the Santa Catalina National High School.
    more at the link

2. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    So the police knew he was a "high value target" and he still got a job here in Sibulan ??? No background check ? Sheeesh

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    "High value" doesn't mean they have been convicted of any crime. Just that the police highly suspect they are involved with illegal activity. Hopefully people don't start getting turned down for jobs due to "suspicion".

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Well that "suspicion" turned out to be warranted... and the job of teacher would be an exception... when you have kids maybe you would think differently ....

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No, having kids wouldn't lower my morals and cause me to reject one of the core ideals of the country I grew up in and served. People should not be punished for a crime they have not been convicted of.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    Agree 100%. It is also encouraging that the same principles were upheld in the Phils as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. danbandanna

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I said that for the job of "Teacher" one should pass a background check before hiring... where in your reasoning is this "punishment" ... would that offend your morals ?? Oh one more thing.... when it comes to my kids safety and well being vs your moral outrage.... guess which way I am going to go....

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  8. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    This is a no-brainer to me, don't judge people on rumors. In this case, it looks like the person is guilty if it's not a setup, but in other 10 cases maybe 8 are innocent, so the "rumors" will stop these people from getting a job and give them other problems in life and their families to. In a democracy you let the court decide who are guilty, yes I know we are in the Philippines, but the principle also applies here or should do it, even reality is different. I do not sell out of my moral or democratic positions, no matter where in the world I'm staying

9. danbandanna

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    LOL, a comment about having an NBI check for teachers has turned into a discussion about "freedom from persecution" (and me being a lifelong liberal.).. this is just bizarre and too funny... okay please feel free to continue :cautious:

10. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Someone who has been pissed in your beer today?

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2018