Dumaguete Info Search

Hobby clubs

Discussion in 'Hobbies and special interests' started by Notmyrealname, May 6, 2017.

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Anyone know of any hobby clubs in the Dumaguete area.... especially for TABLE TENNIS, BADMINTON, SCRABBLE (but also interested to hear of any hobby/interest clubs I have not listed). Would also be interested to hear of anyone who has similar interests and would like to play any of these. The badminton would be for my wife and possibly daughter age 15. My standard of table tennis is 'just ok' so any 'whizz kid' player would soon get bored.

2. Plainspoken

Plainspoken DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +325 / 280
    I will be moving there in June and would be interested in something like you mentioned. I like cards and dominoes. Scrabble and table tennis are good too, but my memory of "ping pong" may be much better than my present ability. The older I get the faster I used to be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Is there a chess club in NegOr. If yes in which locations? Badminton and table tennis or mini tennis sounds good also. Wondering if there is minigolf available.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Chess can be found in Quezon Park opposite the cathedral or Sibulan Market Square, Sundays is a good Day I think to enquire further. Badminton and Table Tennis can be found at the Massias Sports Hall down by the LTO.
    Depending what you call mini golf, Crazy Golf can be found at Bambulo resort in Bacong

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    A Gun Club would interest me, only ever fired Slug/BB guns in my youth and would love to fire some live rounds at some (imaginative) targets, might help to lower my present mood of late... :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  6. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    This one?
    Dumaguete Shooters Association

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thank you :thumbsup:
    I visited a Gun Shop to enquire regards buying a Pistol here and they mentioned the Bethel Guest House to me, but I had forgotten the name.
    I was quoted 62,000php including new 17-Shot Pistol with the Licence, which I (my Filipina Wife) would need to go to Cebu to process the application...
    I was told I could fire the Pistol at a range if I joined a Gun Club here, so I would be interested to join a Gun Club where I could go and learn how to handle, maintain and fire a Pistol, as well as my Wife also learn how to handle a Gun, I think it would be fun to practice shooting at targets... :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  8. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I think 62k is well over the top! We only paid 50k for a gloc. Go to a shop called bullseye.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I went to the shop on Silliman Ave (Shooters Arms Manufacturing, Incorporated) 62K included the Licence, did 50k include the Licence also?

10. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The most expensive place to go!
    These are popular here and they were around 32k with licence a couple yrs back.
    Taurus’ PT945 .45 ACP Pistol

• Informative Informative x 1