Dumaguete Info Search

Holy Child Hospital in Lockdown 3/16/2020

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by shakey, Mar 16, 2020.

1. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    In order to protect the patients, doctors and staff the guard at the gate will not let you in if you have a fever and unless your doctor by telephone says for you to come to Holy Child. Just calling Holy Child they will tell you there are no doctors available and all clinics are canceled.

Always keep the phone number of your doctor's secretary to use in times like these. It may be easier to contact your doctor if they are a department head in the hospital.

Symptoms appear from Covid-19 within 5 days of exposure and blue lips are a sign of advanced disease threatening life.

With this being met, the guard will take your temperature and ask questions to fill up a form.

Don't expect to load up the patient in your SUV and rush them to the hospital, they won't get in the gate because of protocol. Call the patients doctor and follow directions.

shaky

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Interesting. I guess need to see how it works but it sounds like the hospitals don't want sick people...

3. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    The rumor mill I heard says there are only a few dozen ICU beds in the Dumaguete area, no wonder hospitals are worried. Extreme trouble BREATHING is the trigger point. And I have heard nothing about a REAL quarantine site for the area ??

4. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    The hospitals want to treat sick people. They do not want to risk contact with a lot of healthcare workers that will require quarantine afterward. Remember the guy who left Ace and went to Silliman. 43 health care workers had to be isolated and tracked afterward. The resource cost is too high for just one patient.

By knowing who is coming with what ailment they can induct them while reducing exposure to a lot of workers. This way they will be able to treat more sick people because the workers will be there working in the hospital and not at home in isolation waiting to see if they are contagious.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    In fact, hospitals are quite dangerous places for sick people to be in due to institutionalised diseases such as necrotising fasciitis. But, obviously, those needing medical support need to be there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I am content to be here, on a small island within an archipelago. for isolation reasons - I feel much safer than in most other parts of the world (and I do think the government is doing a good job with the resources they have available) but if I were to get infected then I would prefer to be somewhere else. That is why I am determined, in spite of advice from the complacents, to take every conceivable measure possible not to get it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    shakey

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Since it costs P8,500 for a test which i can't afford if needed, trouble breathing and the resulting blue lips would mean recovery is improbable for an old person with a medical history.

The quandary facing medical professionals is whether to send the terminal patients home to die and reserve the icu beds for the younger patients who are expected to respond to treatment.

shaky

8. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    Shakey, , age has nothing to do with hospital care in this country.. the only criteria is who has enough money.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Then please take care of yourself. Self-isolate and be aware of potential infections from those coming into your house (family or not).

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    shakey

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Mel Brook's son made thought provoking PSA on this topic.

shaky

• Like Like x 2