Dumaguete Info Search

Home & Garden Home well drilling

Discussion in 'DI Front End Pages' started by Randyb, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Randyb

Randyb DI Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +43 / 3
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Having a new well dug. Need recommendations from people who have used someone. I have the name of one. Ricky's well drilling, but not sure of the title as it comes secondhand. Anyone else known to you and what they charged, how deep it was, and material used please.

2. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,092 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I think there is a rule in place to restrict the siting of a well any closer than 30mtrs to a Septic tank, this is only hearsay on my part but makes sense to me, so if that rule is in place I would suggest you double that distance and consider where your neighbours tank is, the Amoebas parasite is the big danger and can also be had from Veg grown in Human waste, I contracted this and likely the cause was our well being too close to the Septic.

As a general rule you have to be very wary of Pinoy Contractors whatever their field, they will tell you whatever you want to hear and they really do believe in themselves, but mostly just too stupid to know they are stupid, seeking advice from you local Gov Planning and Building control office just may be a good pace to start? they may even give a recommendation to a contractor but likely it will be the persons third cousin once removed?

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Randyb

Ratings:
    +43 / 3
    Blood Type:
    B+
    As always Dave I appreciate your input.

4. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    I'm also looking to add a well and was curious what this typically costs. I'm talking with one company and they charge 20k peso per 20 ft section of 4" casing. Is this a fair rate?

5. you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +261 / 52
    i did mine must be 8 years ago now with 2" inch casing and then 1" inch steel pipe (but I have since seen plenty of videos where a good-strength water hose was used) for the water feed itself (the total was 250k) was 140 feet they went down (extra 20 feet was just for show) Goulds 2hp stand up pump included in the final 250k ( all up was happy enough and still am local LGU have started using some other feed for the locals and they call it irrigation standard water) we drilled next to a bomba that was there on our land but now out of commission and fenced off .......to factor in you gotta feed whoever is involved......i don't feel the need for 4" casing unless you want a submersible pump and are giving water to the neighbors too..............to finish do not use that guy from Citi Hardware that some suggested, he left me with more pipes and connections and all glued together and cut and bent, that were useless after at least 50k of stock was wasted

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. DAVE1952

Ratings:
    +1,092 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I'm thinking your house on a Sub-division is not an ideal place for a Well as there will be so many Septic tanks in the area, most of which will not be working as they should to digest the waste to a harmless liquid? you may attain that separation gap of 30mtrs from the one closest to you, however the amount of waste going into the ground in that small area may be a threat?

Hoots Mon, there sure will be a lot of Sh!t in the ground at your location.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Would a tank and city water be a better way to go?

8. DAVE1952

Ratings:
    +1,092 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Yes a holding tank is for the best, but do not install this on a high Tower, this would spoil the look of that attractive house you have, of course if you have them at ground level you need to install a pressure system, this is what I have and it works well.

9. OP
    OP
    Randyb

Ratings:
    +43 / 3
    Blood Type:
    B+
    First off, do not use the very well know one in Bacong. Find someone else, Mine had a 4" casing, was drilled 250 " and with pressure tank, etc I probably have close to 900,000 in it. But part of that is due to an unethical driller.

10. you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +261 / 52
    again I want to say to avoid the guy mentioned from Citi Hardware to help with any plumbing or installation.........still raises my blood pressure when I think of the waste one dope could generate...