Dumaguete Info Search

Horseradish

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by sfgb35, Apr 16, 2012.

1. sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For all the Brits out here in Duma, just spotted Horseradish 126php, in Lee Plaza Hypermarkup.

Never noticed it before, maybe i never looked but, hey just passing on the info !!

Its located in the imports isle near the A1 sauces, along wih Djion Mustard .

Yummy !!! :D

2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    And it's yummy too,not so hot and spicy though but better than nothing! Just need to find a nice piece of topside to go with it now :smile:

3. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    I couldn't find it in my neck of the woods. I brought a jar from the U.S. last trip over. Mixed with mayonaise makes a gr8 topping for roast beef or with ketchup for a cocktail sauce for fried seafood....masarap

4. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    Hypermart seems to be out of stock of horseradish..anywhere else to get some?

5. roadking

roadking DI Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Do You have Loupes supermarkets / stores down there ? . They always seem to have it in stock here in Bacolod....

6. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    try casa blanca, whynot or big boys and the french bakery on the south hiway or the brit store across from roy's lechon manok in duma.

good luck...
    norm : ))~

7. horizon155

horizon155 DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Information Tech
    Ratings:
    +121 / 44
    Blood Type:
    A+
    robinsons has it in imported food isle near the bottles of alcohol..isle 22 or 24 something like that

8. baltoed

baltoed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +18 / 6
    I miss the ole horseradish like so many of you. wonder if that is one of the prerequesit of moving here? *lol*.. All I have ever seen here is the creamy kind that includes on the shelves of Loupes in Bacolod. My last visit back to the states I demanded of myself to bring some back. but All.. every single bottle of what I consider proper ( non creamy ) was in the refridgerated section of the stores and said very plainly KEEP REFRIDGERATED on the labels.. Around this time of year.. Easter time.. You can get it freshly made in the open air markets that still exist in Baltimore MD. You can watch the guys grind it by hand and cry at the same time..heheeh

I guess just salt is not enough for that root to keep? ..Why the creamy kind is unchilled is beyond me? And nothing like that in bigboys when Ive been in there.

But thats not why I posted..someone said to me they thought that the root of the malunggay tree was like the horse radish root.. I can not affirm or deny that but I just remembered that tid bit and thought Id throw it out here.

9. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I just bought a jar (Creamy) at Lee's and mixed it with Ketchup for my Shrimp Cocktail and it tasted great...

10. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Mixing horseradish with mayo???? The only thing mixes with horseradish is a quality rare beef tenderloin and maybe a good dash of tabasco sauce to mix around.

Never could stand mayo in any form I've tasted it in, so apologies in advance. A good piece of beef and some horseradish will keep me up tonight thinking about it though...

Shawn