Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa How early can I get extension?

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by AlwaysRt, Jan 14, 2017.

1. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Background: I messed up getting my Balikbayan when we returned from Hong Kong last month and some medical conditions kept me from visiting BI in a timely matter. Once I got there I could have submitted a letter requesting change of status to Balikbayan but din't want to risk overstaying if not approved so I did 29 day tourist extension. Problem is I need to update my passport which takes about a month putting me at risk of overstaying again. (I forgot the 1st extension is 29 days, have to wait until 2nd to get 2 month extension). I don't want to wait because I need to go to the States for a week which is not long enough to get my passport renewed there and I am under 6 months remaining to expire so I can't come back to the Phils until I get my renewal.

Question: How early can I go back to BI and apply for my next extension? The sooner I get a 2 month extension the sooner I can send my passport to Manila for renewal.

2. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You can go immigration monday and get up to 6 months extension, note if you leave Philippines, you must start all over again

3. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Right, came back in December, did 1st extension last week so I am now valid until 9 February (only 29 day is available for 1st one). What is the earliest I can go get the next extension which I will get for 2 months, valid until 9 April?

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    14 days before it is due

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. DELETED-shotshapers

DELETED-shotshapers Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    On 2nd extension will also have to get acr card so that fee will be close to 7 k total

if a cheap flight is available to hong kong , i would take that and save your self some heartache

might be wrong but cant american passport get extra pages attached as opposed to renwing it ( i know my american friend in beijing did that ) add extra pages, but that was in us embassy in beijing

6. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Be aware, flying to HKG on a foreign passport of which the validity of that passport is less than 30 days plus the number of days of intended staying there, is not possible. The airline will not allow you to check in and boarding the flight and of course HKG Immigration will never let you enter.

7. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    Can we now get 6 month extensions at the Dumaguete BOI...........??

8. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Current ACR card expiration is 12 April and 2nd extension will expire 9 April so I should be good as long as I head to the US before then.

Current passport expires 12 July is why I need a renewal, not out of pages. US stopped additional pages anyway (last year I think).

So, I need to leave before 9 April to save ACR card expense, I have to get my passport renewed before I leave because I will not be in the US long enough to renew it and I do not have 6 months remaining to be allowed back in the Philippines. Next thursday I will get 2nd extension, good until 9 April. Next friday (27th) when I pick it up I will send it to US Embassy Manila for renewal and should have it back around the 24th of February.

Come back to Phils 15th of April or so, then we need to do a HK trip by 15 June to avoid ACR payment again, and make d*mn sure this time to get Balikbayan when we return. No more BS for a year. (at BI anyway)

9. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I heard somewhere they are supposed to be starting around now. If I remember I will ask next week unless someone beats me to it. For now my answer is an absolute... maybe.

10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Saw a Guy pay for a 6 months extension on Thursday, with his ACI it came to about 10.000+

• Informative Informative x 2