Dumaguete Info Search

how many non locals?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by up2u, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. up2u

up2u DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was wondering what people think is the local population of non Philappino's in the city and area, does anyone have an opinion? I guess I am basically refering to 'westerners'

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    last estimations I heard are around 1500 in Negros Oriental...
    cheers

Rhoody

3. eddy

eddy DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi up2u I read somewhere that it was about 2000 westerners in the dumaguete area.

4. eddy

eddy DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    HI up2u I can't find the source for the 2000 figure, I must say it seems high, I think rhoody estimate might be better.

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    the 2000 are a number I read, but they said that it is including the foreign students in Duma, the 1500 was about expats in Negros Oriental

cheers

Rhoody

6. ZambeziKid

ZambeziKid DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi Rhoody,

I have no idea about the answer to your question. But do you mind if I pose another question, as I think you may be a good person to ask?

I see that DMGT has a reasonably strong expat community (more so than most places in the Phils). Can you tell me what are the common reasons that expats have for living in the area?

If you were to list out the reasons for expats living in DMGT in order of popularity, what would they be?

... Sensible question, I am just curious to hear what others think. Thanks in advance. :smile:

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Zambesi, good question,
    I know why I am here, simple because I work here...

If I would tell here why I think many Expats are living here, it would be very insulting and I would need to report my own post. Put it that way, many of the long-noses living here are exactly the reason why I left my homecountry. I know quite some Expat-communities in the Philippines, but the Dumaguete one is very !!!! different and has nothing to do with "gentle people"

I am sure some others will jump in and tell you their opinion.

cheers

Rhoody

8. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    O' really! some mysterious reasons or somethin :cool:
    what then?
    :D

9. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    PN, maybe there's something mysterious that lure them in to live in this city, that's why they chose Dumaguete. I wonder:confused: what is it? Rhoody said it has nothing to do with gentle people. Does it have to do with economics, no I don't think so Dgte is now a bit expensive to live ...tsk tsk... Then what is it? Hmmm, I know what, but am not going to say (it's advantage to the city and whole Negros Or. anyway.). Don't want to brag. :smile: Some people knew why they're there.

10. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    PN & swany,

I'd like to make a guess on rhoody's mysterious reason since it doesn't have to do with the gentle people , it could be the ladies in Dgte. am i right rhoody? hehehehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.