Dumaguete Info Search

how much (approx)is a side car for a tricycle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by DELETED-shotshapers, Mar 22, 2013.

1. DELETED-shotshapers

DELETED-shotshapers Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello

trying to get a tricycle franchise up and running for the wife, the bike is the easy part (honda tmx 155)

how much for the side car (to be made, including the paintwork and seating and attaching the bike)

it will be a jeepney type model (not the two seater type you see in dgte city but the one with the seats in the front and the back too)

im being quoted up wards of 30,000 is that taking into account my skin colour, or is that a go to price

any hints suggestions gratefully accepted

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I would shop it to death. Ask other tricycle operators what they paid to get a ballpark. 30,000p seems high, but what do I know?

There is a trike manufacturer/welding shop on the same road as Robinson's Mall (Real St) heading towards town (on the right). It is between Robinson's and the river bridge.

3. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    (not the two seater type you see in dgte city but the one with the seats in the front and the back too) I've always likes riding in these type when I'm there, it's just that You don't see too many of them around Dumaguete. Is it possibly because there's not as much storage space or are they more expensive to have done?

4. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I wonder if Dumaguete would even allow that type here? It seems as though each major city has certain standards for trikes in their city as they sure do vary if you travel throughout the Philippines. One city will have all of a certain type and another city 100 miles away will have another type.

I am glad I can fit my large frame in the trikes in Dumaguete though as some of the smaller style trikes I do not fit well in at all!

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    About 10 years ago P13,000 to P15,000 would build a new sidecar of the Dumaguete style. The cost of steel has more than doubled since then...

The cost will also vary according to style, but I can see an easy P20,000 in materials alone.

Larry

6. OP
    OP
    DELETED-shotshapers

DELETED-shotshapers Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    can some one tell me please how to post a new thread ( yes yes yes i have 2 posts here i know) but for the life of me i just cant see how to do it

pure headwrecker

7. roadking

roadking DI Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    The cost of a Sidecar here is P20,000-P25,000.
    & is pretty near the specification you were asking about.
    The problem with the many variant's of sidecar is not so much the city's licencing rule's, but the reluctance of people to use what they consider a sidecar that they are not used to. We found this when my brother moved from Cadiz to here in Himamaylan, We had to replace it with the local familiar model.

8. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    SHOTSHAPERS,If you mean you want to start a new theard, click on FORUM scroll down to GENERAL CHAT click on it up top you will see a link to POST NEW THREAD, i hpoe that helps
    cheers