Dumaguete Info Search

How sad things turn out

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by john boy, Mar 4, 2023.

1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    During the Covid pandemic, all around the world the Medical Profession were the heros of the hearts of every nation.
    While I understand that for the first time in many years, inflation has started to bite more noticeably in the Western World compared to many other countries, the West still enjoys the comforts others can only wish or hope for.
    But the current trend in UK, with it's strikes for inflation proof pay rises and demands, will in the long term, only benefit the few while others will suffer even more.
    The Government have done very little to stem the flow, with profits in some quarters doubling or tripling especially in the Gas/Oil sector.
    Today I woke up to the News that while Nursing staff and some junior Doctors prepare to strike once again, others within the NHS are expecting to be paid double or triple to stand in where needed.
    Having seen the figures being quoted by the British Medical Association
    for hourly pay to work extra, its no wonder the NHS is costing so much to run.
    I greatly admire the work Nurses and Doctors do 24/7 but is it justifiable to create more problems for an ailing NHS.
    Thank goodness the Armed Forces and Police are bound by law not strike or chaos would rule.
    Consultants want up to £262 an hour to cover strike days for junior doctors - BBC News

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  2. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    Taking away one's ability to strike is paramount to a type of modern day slavery while the pigs at the trough, namely the Tory Parties greed continues unabated. Supported by the likes of the Daily Heil (Mail) who I might add the owners don't even live in the UK but Monaco.

It's no wonder there is so much petty crime in it's concrete jungle of little hope.

And that's not even mentioning the weather Lol....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I heard several stories about nurses in Britain quitting their regular job with the NHS, only to enroll with some employment agency to work for ................. NHS again at much higher pay even with the agency fees.
    Seems to me something has been wrong with regular pay for nurses for an extended period if they are resorting to such "tricks" despite the insecurity of working through an agency.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    On the upside the police very rarely shoot anyone unless they're a foreigner.

5. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    Nurses and others in that profession have been taken advantage of for years. Expected to work for very very little, that's the way it works. Any questioning from them and the Tories play the old you can't strike guilty trip, which after years they are finally seeing through. Public also becoming aware of the lies being sold them, thus all the discontent and rightly so.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    That is a fact correct, thankfully the majority of Nurses accept that their pay is not the real problem, but shortage of staff is.
    Yes they are under stress at times, in fact some have left Nursing all together.
    The ones who have left the NHS to work for Agencies not only get paid more, but are not allowed access to NHS computers, therefore also have less responsibility when working on NHS wards! That is part of the gripe NHS staff rightly have against Agency employees.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Can't agree with that statement Garcia, can you tell me what the pay is for a nurse on qualifying and the increments they recieve for up to four years after qualifying
    Staff working in Private Nursing Homes may earn less also Carers are poorly paid in some cases.
    However NHS staff apart from their pay have a generous holiday allowance, a generous sickness benefits scheme and a good pension scheme compared to outside comparisons.

8. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
  9. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    All costs are only relevant to outgoings and if anything is left over or should they perhaps be grateful for existing. When you can't pay bills or pay your increased mortgage and yet for example energy companies increased profits run into the hundreds of millions +++ I'd be right pissed off. It's got zero to do with what others in your similar sphere are paid. They are all taken advantage of in the greater scheme IMO.

Now you might do it for that, maybe you did, maybe you had no choice, maybe you accept your lot in life early on as a to be wage slave. I've no idea, I can only say no way was I going to do it. Nurses don't IMO do it for the pittance IMO they receive and the Tories play that fiddle of a tune for all it's worth.

By the time you take tax off, expenses to from work, the stress, wage slave staus is what's left. For myself I saw this very clearly at 18 or even before probably and thought I'm not going to play that game. Enough said eh (-:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    That's good is is it.... Lol seriously.

With all respect are you being very sarcastic posting that attachment?

Of do they need some overtime for a pair of shoes...

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2023