Dumaguete Info Search

how to Delete / Terminate Account

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by SteveB, Sep 17, 2013.

1. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I was looking through the Settings area, Profile, Forum Rules and tried searching but I cannot find how to completely delete my account. I know it is beneficial to a Forum to have lots of members (even inactive ones) so they don't normally make it easy but does anyone here know how I can have my avatar, my account, including personal information (profile), posts and photos removed from this Forum?

2. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    I do not know but when you find out please let me know. I do not wish to continue with this form, either.

3. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Seems to be a setting that can be allowed/disallowed by the Admin.
    https://neosmart.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4687
    Why not just remove personal data and set the password to something random you can't remember, and you are virtually removed?
    Posts in threads I don't think can/should be deleted. A thread with missing posts could be hard to read.

4. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    many get booted just say something bad lol

5. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Maybe send a request to the moderator? I am moderator of another forum, and we do not give our members that opportunity either. But we will delete their posts and profile on their request.

In your case you have made 384 posts. That mean, that if all your posts are deleted, then many threads will lose their logical sequence, because someone might have answered your posts. That’s why we do not allow our members to delete all their posts just by the click of a button.

In most cases I think it should be fully sufficient to just stop posting, if you don`t want to be part of a particular forum anymore. But if you have a valid and serious reason for wanting something particular to be deleted, I am sure the moderator will do it for you, if you explain why.

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Sounds like something personal to me. I'm a member of countless forums. If you wish to not participate then simply turn off all notifications and never return. Pretty simple stuff.

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    In most forums once you make a post it becomes the property of the forum. As for deleting your profile, you may have to contact the Dane if he does not respond here.

Larry

8. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    your previous posts were very good, even if you don't have 3 cell phones next to your name :( you will be missed by most and I think your parting will leave a large hole.

9. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Good contributor in my opinion

Steve, sorry you to see you decided to unhook from the forum today. I always thought you were a great contributor, using the forum for the good purpose of positive communication and helping others. I will miss you here. Let me know if I can do anything for you including the house rebuilding you posted today. Take Care.

10. Blaze_Pontaine

Blaze_Pontaine DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What got your panties twisted to make you want to leave?