Dumaguete Info Search

How to exit/enter Phillipines as permanent resident?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Manzanita, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Just a question for the info Gurus.....

For an American expat with permanent residency to leave the Philippines for a US for a couple of weeks visit what does he need to do nowadays?
    Does he just show his passport and I-card at airport immigration when leaving and coming back?
    What else should he know about?
    Thanks in advance....
    M

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Exit clearance. Pay filipino travel tax.

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Should have stated it was my guess and not fact.

4. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Save you some time to request the travel agent to add the travel tax on the ticket, or you will have to pay it at the airport.
    1670p + 500p express lane for ECC, paid at the airport.
    Lats time I exited from Manila and for some reason they wanted another 700p or so on my ECC. Have no clue, as I've never paid that before. Got a receipt for it so it seemed legitimate though.

5. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I flew from Cebu to Bangkok last week and I am a 13a Permanent Resident. I showed up at the airport with passport and I-Card. I had to pay P2170 to the immigration desk (including the P500 express lane fee), P1620 Travel Tax at the BIR desk, and P550 terminal fee. I have the receipts in front of me so I am not guessing. However, when I flew out of Manila at the end of January, they did not ask me to pay the travel tax, only the Exit clearance certificate at the immigration desk. As Denpet mentioned, the travel tax can be done by your travel agent. Also, the terminal fee is now included in all tickets issued after March of this year from Cebu and earlier (don't remember the date) from Manila.