Dumaguete Info Search

How to get to Iloilo from Dumaguete City/

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by dumagetto, Mar 26, 2013.

1. dumagetto

dumagetto DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone have any experience traveling to Iloilo City from Dumaguete? I'm going there tommorow. I need help.

I was planning on leaving around 2 am or so. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Go to Bacolod, take the boat across. You don't say how you will be traveling so pretty hard to help you.

Larry

3. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    If on foot, you take a Ceres bus to Bacolod, a pedicab to the pier, and there are several ferry options to take you directly to Ilo Ilo. If you are driving, head north past Bais City and turn left towards Mabinay. The road signs to Bacolod are pretty good and should be easy to follow. There are no car ferries directly to Ilo Ilo so you take a ferry from Bacolod to Dumangas and drive into the city (about 30km); no problem if on a motorcycle but you might have a long wait if taking a car because of Holy Week traffic paired with the endless sugar-cane trucks that ply that route.

4. OP
    OP
    dumagetto

dumagetto DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the help! I will be taking a Bus to Bacolod and then the Ferry. Any details on what times the Bus to Bacolod is?

5. skirun

skirun One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Buses leave every hour or so but there is only a few aircon buses on that route.its worth checking ahead at the terminal for the aircon bus times as it is a 5 to 6 hour ride.

6. Survivor Adik

Survivor Adik DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Aircon Bus to Bacolod Schedule

1. 0100
    2. 0330
    3. 0430
    4. 0540
    5. 1200
    6. 1320
    7. 1430
    8. 1530

7. OP
    OP
    dumagetto

dumagetto DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The problem is that I have to leave about 11am and get to Iloilo the same day. I can't leave before 11am because I have to work from 3am to 11am. Do you think that would be a problem? I'll ride a non-aircon bus if I have to.

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    It is going to be pretty difficult. The last ferry that I can find leaves Bacolod at 5:15. The bus ride we have found will take closer to 6 hours than 5 hours...

Ferry Schedule from Bacolod to Iloilo - Schedule.ph

I might suggest take the first bus to Kabankalan, then see if there is a non stop or one stop going from Kabankalan to Bacolod. The Kabankalan to Bacolod on the non stop is right at 2 hours the last time we went...

Larry

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If you don't catch the fast craft to iloilo you can get the roro to damangas, they run until midnight. Not exactly sure how you get from damangas to iloilo but I'm sure there is something.

10. Blaze_Pontaine

Blaze_Pontaine DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Half of the vehicles on the dumangas roro are going directly to iloilo city proper, just ask for a lift into town.