Dumaguete Info Search

Home & Garden Hydroponics nutrient Solution

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by skarfeys, Oct 27, 2015.

1. skarfeys

skarfeys DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I'm thinking about designing a system with led lights, and i already know where to get pumps, containers and the medium. I just need a good source of nutrient solution.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Charlie, Oct 30, 2015 (5 points)
  3. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    Best Answer
    Try JB Marketing , its on the street that immigration is on, just a little further west.
    They have water soluble fertilizers if that is what you are looking for or can use.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    hi skarfeys I went into it a while back but decided to built a shade house instead, you google it and get a lot of good idea from the article,s . a face book sight( grow your own in the philippines ) is worth a look.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    There is also a couple of face book pages with hydroponics which sell solutions and all the gear,can't remember the name but there was one from Bacolod.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Whoa Guys, we have a Thread on this why are we going to FB?

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The data isn't here. If someone finds it I'm sure they would share here. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  8. slidegear

slidegear DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

manufacturer
    Ratings:
    +33 / 6
    I've experimented (quite successfully) building and growing hydro using LED some years back. my build was located here in Chicago. Can't help with locating supplies nor have much detailed information about the work though may still have some of the lighting panels laying around my laboratory. Getting plants to flower was very difficult in the environment until switching to metal halide as I remember.

One interesting side effect from exposure to these lighting panels with far infrared and ultra violets was your vision becomes so sensitized that when you walk into an area lit in full spectrum... everything looks very green!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  9. OP
    OP
    skarfeys

skarfeys DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    a link would be great the closer it is the better i can have it shipped via ceres

10. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    The is a fellow here named Graham Reiner (maybe mis spelled) that grows lettuce hydrophonically in San Miguel area. He is a very good at the science aspect, really know the related chemistry aspects. He has a book that they use to sell in JB marketing, and Lee Plaza. I have just moved and can find the book. PM me and I will give you his phone if you want. He is a very open fellow.

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. midway

midway DI Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +285 / 28
    I saw an article on a hydroponics business in California in which the guy kept fish in the water and fed them an organic food. The fish waste was the nutrients for the vegetables he grew. Seems like a great way to diversify income streams.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1