Dumaguete Info Search

I TOLD you so...$1=$1.02

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by SidfromSydney, Mar 29, 2011.

1. SidfromSydney

SidfromSydney DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    About 2 yrs ago the Australia dollar was about 65 cents to the US dollar. I made most of my big purchases here then.

At the time I suggested on this forum, that anyone having the opportunity say an American, could buy a heap of Australia dollars and sell them later at a substantial profit when the US dollar crumbles and the Australia dollar climbs in value, which it has.

Those people that took my advice, should now have the decency to forward a small part of any profit they made to me as it was at the time "my idea".

2. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Well, some part should go to Bloomberg as well, because they told exactly the same.

3. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Hey Sid, don't strain that arm patting yourself on the back...

Anybody with an internet connection with the ability to think knew the dollar was fugged after QE2.

4. appy_ammer

appy_ammer DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Lol

Got on inside info on the Yen please :rolleyes:

5. OP
    OP
    SidfromSydney

SidfromSydney DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bloody hell its climbing

bloody hell, its $105 and climbing. I just checked my Aust bank and the elec. transfer rate is 43.97 peso's.

I did not believe is would get this high and transferred money about one month ago, which is pretty typical.

No one has come forward and offered me any money. you all must be a pretty "tight" bunch out there.

6. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I believed you Sid. I was already thinking along the same lines though. Had I been able to break all or even a large portion of my money loose I would have deposited it in Australia, because the banking system looked sound, for the better interest rate, and because they are not a major trading partner of the U.S. I did not get to capitalize on it I'm sorry to say. Maybe I can catch the next wave.

7. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Along the same lines, I told everyone to go to Gold a few years ago...feel free to submit my royalties in bouillon to those of you who followed said advice. ;-)

8. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks mate, I made a nice $ 100000. whats your bank name, account number and pin. :D