Dumaguete Info Search

I130 Visa

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by tomtorific, Jun 24, 2011.

1. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Hello..........name is Tom.........I have been reading most of the threads and so much info from You All........Maraming Salamat.My question is aking asawa and I were wed in 09-2010 in Quezon City. When I returned to the U.S. I filed I130 until now still in initial review status.

On December 7, 2010, we received this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators............blah blah blah.

No instructions just that it was received and in process. I know the next expected requirements. Its still in limbo at the CT. processing center, which has a 7month plus processing average...........May I ask what other members have experienced?..........Salamat for Your Help.......tom

2. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Hi Tom, make sure you have a correct address for your Asawa here. The embassy will be contacting her personally asking for her to provide certain documents, maybe an interview, ect.....

From married in the Philippines until Mama's arrival in the US was 2 years for us, and that was back in the good ol' days. Before the DHS crap.

Hang in there, communicate on the web, and stay patient.

You're going to need lots of that patience stuff.

3. OP
    OP
    tomtorific

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Salamat Po, all is correct on Visa app. I am in Quezon City at the present with Her. I have been back this time for 10 weeks, I return to Fla on Monday. Its getting very expensive My missing her, My fifth time back. She thinks its a vendetta against Her from the USA.........gago aking Asawa.....her friends get granted Tourist Visas and She has been turned down twice before our Marriage. We were planning to stay in the U.S.then retire in the Valencia area. We have been looking at property, but have not committed to any just yet. She is quite well to do, owning several businesses and properties here in the Quezon City area. Its not as if She needs to come to the U.S. But I want Her and Her Son to experience the U.S. and then make the final decision. I will try calling NVC when I return, I sent an email last week but no response as of yet. Thanks for Your encouragement..........tom

4. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    My Asawa had to do multiple trips to the embassy from where she stayed in Manila. She used to have to leave her place at 0300 in the morning to get to the embassy in time to be at the front of the line.

Make sure she knows that mega-B.S. is SOP.

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Tom, something is amiss. It sounds as if your petition has been kicked into the IMBRA review phase. Did you have a history of domestic violence or drugs, or did you check yes to meeting through an international marriage broker?

Was this notice you received on a form I-797? Regardless, you should have received NOA2, approval, by now. Petitions being processed through Vermont are now taking 5-6 months, while petitions being processed through California are currently taking 4-5 months. IMBRA review usually adds 1-2 months to this. There is no service center in CT? We have two clients that have filed since you did, and both have received NOA2, one already has an interview date.

Something is wrong with your petition. Feel free to contact me offlist if you wish.

Larry

6. OP
    OP
    tomtorific

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Hello Larry, I was hoping You would chime in. After reading so many threads since I joined DI, I knew You would be the "Go To Guy". I guess its better to lurk before leap. Most of this I wish to be in the Forum so that others can learn from My mistakes. My 1st mistake was when I submitted I130 I neglected to send the fee.....I thought that would be requested later. There I go thinking again. App was sent back with hand written instructions to resend with payment. That was maybe 6 weeks or so after submission.Nothing else was requested. I did receive a 797 form several weeks later. Several weeks after that I called and asked for an update. Best as I remember, I was told I would be contacted again with more instructions and that it may take 5-6 months. Since then I check everyday online and always says the same....Initial Review. I looked at Your website and it seems I did not send all the documents You had listed. But than again, no request was made for additional items when request for payment was sent i.e. G-325, photos, marriage certificate and such. Let me guess........ I am waiting on them......waiting on Me? So here I sit experiencing Tropical Storm Falcon....leaving for Florida in 2 days and no closer to Ma's Visa. What is Visaya for pathethic?...........LOL. I have learned some Tagalog(enough to be dangerous)or as at meal time(all 19 of them).....the center of entertainment and laughter. No matter...........I prefer the smiles to the galit.....heheheh so much for Gentle People. Another question if I may?......She has a 14 year old anak.....its My understanding He will be allowed to be included in Her petition? I listed Him also........problem is......He is from a previous, unmarried relationship.Thanks for any insight Larry.

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

AHHhh, well now, that does shed some light on the situation, doesn't it! :wink: So what is the date on the I-797? Assuming you are going through Vermont Service center, about 5 months after the date on the I-797 you should receive an RFE (Request for Evidence). At that time you can submit the G325s, passport photos, photos of you together, copy of marriage certificate, etc.

Unfortunately, on an I-130 there is no option for "derivative" visas. This means that her son needs to be filed for separately, with his own petition, petition fee, G325A, photos, etc...

Only "K" visas have the option for a derivative visa.

Larry

8. OP
    OP
    tomtorific

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Hmmmmmmmmmm Derivative anak.......17(C) I130 asked for relatives, again I was assuming that would include any unmarried children under 18. Nonetheless the 797 is back in the States and Asawa is shopping na, but it has a receipt date of 12-07-2010 according to online look up. I have been here in Quezon since 04-14-2011 for this visit, perhaps the RFE is in My collection of mail at home. I will know shortly as I return next Monday. Asawa will not pleased to find I have to now again apply for anak. Just more fodder for the Gentle Canon....but it is what it is. Just a note to other's............Leave this stuff to the Professionals........they get paid to take the HEAT..........LOL.......Thanks Larry:eek:

9. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Just for the record, the filing of the petition is the easy part, it gets much more convoluted later.

Larry

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Sent you email.

:wink:

Larry