Dumaguete Info Search

“If you want to be critical go ahead, that never accomplices anything.”

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by simple mind, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    “If you want to be critical go ahead, that never accomplices anything.”, this was the respond I got from a other member in a other post...

The USA better gets used to more critic, I have read many reports and studies about the influence of American “Super Imperialism” that has come do strangle the entire World and benefits only the USA...
    and don't forget the ongoing story of the NSA...

If any body is willing to read this for them selfs than we can talk/discuss this after everybody is up to date on the topic...

Here we go...

Attached Files:

2. nick78_swe

nick78_swe DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thought that that reply you got was from a thread about making a new group of expats meeting in McDo and not US bashing, or ?

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Oh boy. Here we go. If you are criticizing the government go ahead, most people (including most americans) have issues with the way government is ran as well.

4. OP
    OP
    simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    It's not funny anymore that everytime I mention the USA, somebody will tell me to let it be, why?
    Are they somehow exempted from critic, are they above the principle of fairness and equality,
    look at their track record...
    They have the biggest military machine in the World that consumes 1/3 of their GDP, justified by the “War on Terror”, they have no possibility to ever balance the budget ever again, the holders of their “Treasury Bonds” can not use and cash them because the system would fold in and we would all be very sorry...
    Does anybody really think that that is right, and that we should just ignore this things, I for myself will boycott any US Multinational Company just to do my little thing to restrict their powers just a tiny little bit...

Look at this guy, is he still normal? I don't think so...NSA Snooping Was Only the Beginning. Meet the Spy Chief Leading Us Into Cyberwar | Threat Level | Wired.com

5. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    It's not funny simple_mind just have a look at the Taliban. Years ago, the USA supplied weapons to them and now here they are being attacked by the talibans (heard it from the news here). They spent money in wars than spending it to their people eg healthcare and education. I have been told that if you don't have a health insurance there, it is like Philippines. Your gonna die in the street because you won't get treated.

6. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    re US Multinational Company I wish we had boycotted them, the dental industry is run by the US, they are destroying small dental repair companies in AU, they are buying dental surgery practices and controlling them, its harder and harder for a new and upcoming dentist to start a dental surgery.

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I didn't tell you to leave it be. I said most americans would agree with you. You'll have a hard time boycotting American companies though. Better call your local representative and tell them to invest billions in your own military technology. Better throw that cell phone away, likely has American made electronics or patents in it. The large percentage of technology today comes from American scientists (who work for American companies). Have light bulbs? Electricity? Sorry, you must boycott it. :wink:

You owe much of your creature comforts to American companies.

8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I didn't tell you to leave it be. I said most americans would agree with you. You'll have a hard time boycotting American companies though. Better call your local representative and tell them to invest billions in your own military technology. Better throw that cell phone away, likely has American made electronics or patents in it. The large percentage of technology today comes from American scientists (who work for American companies). Have light bulbs? Electricity? Sorry, you must boycott it. :wink:

You owe much of your creature comforts to American companies.

9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Not true on both accounts. Only an idiot without health care would die if it were preventable. No hospital can refuse life saving treatment. It's against the law, you might go bankrupt after, but you will live. Yeah, I'm sure you can find some extreme examples that only tell half the story, but it is not even close to comparable to the Philippines.

As for the Taliban, well, we provided weapons to the mujahideen who after the Russia-Afghan war went on to form parts of the Taliban. That had nothing to do with Afghanistan or even terrorism there. That was the cold War, we only did to Russia what they did to us in Vietnam.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Better the devil you know. Ask the Italians about the Chinese. :wink:

Usually when you buy a business you do "control them". If Aussie dentists can offer something better the market would have a place for it. Appears the American dentists are offering something the locals are unable/unwilling to provide. I have to say, this is the first I've heard of that one....maybe Australia is where all our dentists are going because I haven't had an American dentist work on me in the US for the last 10 years. All Iranian, Indian, or Chinese in the US and can't speak a lick of English. Although I thought "ow!" was pretty international and means, "give me another shot".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.