Dumaguete Info Search

I'm proud of my self and you should be too

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by wharjack, Oct 2, 2022.

1. wharjack

wharjack DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm currently looking for a job that suits me and I didn't have any experience working besides Internship. I'm already 25 years old. I don't know if I've wasted those years not working, but currently I learned a lot about life. I'm just proud of my self because even though I'm having trouble finding a job but at least I didn't try to do illegal things like selling cracked software, making a phishing website and other easy money like scamming people trough internet. So to those who are currently having trouble with their life and is currently suffering. Just hold on and be honest, don't do anything illegal just to solve your problems. It's better to die in hunger than to eat food that comes from dirty money. We can do it! Have a great day

• Like Like x 1
  2. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Any type of learning isn't wasted time, continue to believe in yourself, set your goals one step at a time.
    Take on employment, any employment to begin with, then look for advancement and opportunities along the way.
    You sound a positive person I'm sure you will make good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Let's put it this way, if you've never been working as a 25-year-old, it's actually time to wake up. But lucky enough this seems to be the case now. However, I am amazed at your exaggerated self-confidence and what you are actually proud of.

Gesendet von meinem M2101K6G mit Tapatalk

NowandThen
    This message by NowandThen has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Trollin' Trollin' x 1
  4. God Bless Texas

God Bless Texas DI Member

Ratings:
    +294 / 17
    People spend their lives in denial! Never holding themselves accountable for thier situation or actions - always blaming others. If at 25 wharjack is already questioning himself and doing self reflection to be better then he can be an example of what other people should do - at any age!

• Like Like x 3
  5. God Bless Texas

Ratings:
    +294 / 17
    100%
    I make mistakes daily but I don't go tp bed a failure, I go to bed with more knowledge than I woke up with. With perseverance, effort, and prayer I know that whatever I need I will receive and probably get an excess.

Wharjack-
    Are you in PH looking for work?
    That would be difficult.

What feild were your internships, and is there anything that prevents the mentors from helping you find employment?

It is great that you are taking a proper path and mindset vs. a path of destruction.
    Follow the laws written in stone, not the law of the jungle. The path that is lit is abundant in blessings and adventure.

Sidenote:
    I find your ideas of illegal activities amusing, but that is a generational mentality.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    wharjack

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thank you for your wonderful and uplifting words. I forgot to mention that while I'm still a college student, I do web development projects for other students as their thesis project. I usually charge P6,000 - P8,000 maximum. Before graduation, we were invited to TeleTech to take an exam. I passed the English Assessment exam and I received a text message that I needed to come back, but I didn't go because of fear like graveyard shift, insecurity, etc.

I graduated in 2018. Between the span of 4 years +, from 2018 to 2022 (till this day), I tried to do online jobs (unsteady jobs), but those jobs can't be counted in my resume. I was just wondering if I've wasted my time doing those jobs, but now I know it wasn't.

I agree on what you've said that people spend their lives in denial and blaming others. I've experienced it, and I think everyone experienced it in their lives at some time.

Those insecurities, failure, fear and sufferings in our life are really a blessing, and it's up to us how we perceive it and what to do about it.

Are you in PH looking for work? That would be difficult.
    Answer: Yes, I think most jobs were difficult because only few of them accepts inexperienced people.

What feild were your internships, and is there anything that prevents the mentors from helping you find employment?
    Answer: Information Technology field, but my internship isn't a big company, it's a two-man company, but I learned a lot, and I'm grateful to them. Nothing prevents them from helping me, but they didn't help me because I never asked them, and I think they trust our talent.

Anyway, thank you so much for replying and giving your time to reply to this thread. I greatly appreciate it. God bless you all wherever you are. :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +428 / 12
    Not getting criminal is a good start. Sad, that this has to be mentioned.

Anyway, go ahead looking for a job and live your own life without being dependent.

Don't know whether you are in the Philippines or abroad. Working in Europe or US shouldn't be difficult. All companies are looking for workers.

Working in the Philippines might be a challenge especially if you have no skills and experience.

You need a good education. You will find it in each western country. Educate yourself, make some money, and in a few years you might be able to find a good start in the Philippines.

• Like Like x 2
  8. God Bless Texas

Ratings:
    +294 / 17
    I received a text message that I needed to come back, but I didn't go because of fear like graveyard shift, insecurity, etc.

--------This was a choice you made at the time.
    Now- results of "what if" or "if only" are not going to help you.
    Are you able to apply again and this time follow thru?
    Taking any timeslot available, gaining corporate work experience, then moving to something else?

I tried to do online jobs (unsteady jobs), but those jobs can't be counted in my resume.

---------Is this a Filipino thing? This counts in America, called frelance and you use the jobs done as references.

I was just wondering if I've wasted my time doing those jobs, but now I know it wasn't.
    -------Correct - you learned something
    Gained experience to help you in the future and about yourself.

Answer: Information Technology field, but my internship isn't a big company, it's a two-man company, but I learned a lot, and I'm grateful to them. Nothing prevents them from helping me, but they didn't help me because I never asked them, and I think they trust our talent.

----- Ask them!
    DO NOT be shy
    DO NOT back down
    I haven't met a truly successful person that was not willing to help someone as long as the person looking for help was genuine.

DO NOT follow the local culture "staus quo"
    Raise yourself above it and stay there.
    As you succeed ----- Do NOT let the crab mentality of your "friends and neighbors" hold you back----.
    If they cant keep up, drop them like the anchor they are and make friends in a new socioeconomic class.

And 1 more:

2 Timothy 1:7
    [7]For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.

Now- You have resources, so go utilize them. To not burry a talent, go get some more.

• Like Like x 1
  9. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 333
    I thought exactly the same as you

10. OP
    OP
    wharjack

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Guys thank you for another helpful reply. Currently, I'm trying to kickstart my life. Compared to 4 years ago, I can say that I'm better now emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually. I'm so immature and negative back then, but I'm training to love my self because it's the one thing that I lack.

@God Bless Texas Yes, we need to utilize our talent to help others, and I'm late in realizing that.
    @Stefan_Negros I'm from the Philippines, and we are one town apart. You're right, I'm going to work and earn money where I can really say to my self that I'm not dependent anymore.