Dumaguete Info Search

Immigration Chief

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by Tom_A, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Tom_A

Tom_A DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got this article in my email today. I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in it or not, but here it is anyway.

This from Philstar:
    Immigration chief warns public of extortionists using his name | The Philippine Star >> News >> Metro

Immigration chief warns public of extortionists using his name
    By Helen Flores (The Philippine Star)
    Updated April 25, 2011 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines - Immigration Commissioner Ricardo David Jr. warned the public yesterday of unscrupulous groups who are using his name to extort money from foreigners.

David said he received reports that there are people claiming to be immigration agents who have been extorting money from foreigners, saying they were acting under direct orders from him.

"I have never authorized or instructed anyone, either within or outside the bureau, to solicit and collect money on my behalf," David said in a statement.

He appealed to foreigners who may have been victimized by the extortion syndicate to report to the BI the names of the fund solicitors so that the necessary action could be taken against them.

The Office of the Commissioner could be reached at telephone numbers 527-3248 and 309-7751 to 53.

David also cautioned the public against corrupt immigration agents who may conduct unauthorized investigations or operations against foreigners.

He said immigration agents are prohibited from verifying the immigration status of a foreigner without a valid mission order duly issued by the BI chief.

2. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    That's very good to know, Thanks
    Ron