Dumaguete Info Search

Importing from China

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Constant Craving, Aug 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Constant Craving

Constant Craving Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd like to bring in a few things from China. It seems buying space in a container a local merchant already has coming in is one method. Does anybody know of a Dgte merchant who might be up for that?

I know of one who might do it, but he only speaks Mandarin. So if you know of anyone who speaks English and Mandarin let me know?

2. SidfromSydney

SidfromSydney DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would be very careful, what you ship from China, and what you find here when it arrives will probably not be the same.

I say this not from experience of sending stuff, just from having lived in China for 8 yrs.

3. OP
    OP
    Constant Craving

Constant Craving Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, I'm taking it one step at a time.

4. Masculado

Masculado DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    try the owners of RUSI, they are fil chinese, they buy their motor bikes from china and ship it here

5. atlargex

atlargex DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Hey Sid,

I'm curious why you'd say that. Between Taiwan and China, I've lived and worked out here for more than 14 years, and we must have literally exported hundreds of containers with even more sub container load of stuffs out of China with various logistic companies by both sea and air and not once we've ever experienced a "switch" as described by you.

Now, if you're talking about some seedy domestic delivery services in China, I'm sure something like that may have happened.

6. SidfromSydney

SidfromSydney DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Atlargex,

Couple of points, Taiwan is not China, just ask a person from Taiwan, but don't ask anyone from China that question, and I also did not say that.

You are probably aware of the difference of exporting 'hundreds" of containers, though companies you have built a relationship with as opposed to doing a one off.

All I am suggesting, if the contents were checked here on arrival and its not what was agreed to be sent, the person here would say something like " thats what they sent", and then you have to go back to the original exporter who is a long way away.

Anyway its just a thought.

7. atlargex

atlargex DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    We're not talking about shipping a box of candies....

Sid,

The shipping experience I've reference ARE shipments out of China, few are from Taiwan. Anyhow, to properly exporting/importing goods (regardless of country) content need to be itemized & documented on paper before the logistic company would accept your shipments as well as for it to clear customs on both ends. If you end up receiving something other than what was shipped which is highly unlikely, the freight company will be indisputably liable.

So...I'm still not sure how you come about with that info:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.