Dumaguete Info Search

In a small bind need some assistance

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by horizon155, Aug 11, 2017.

1. horizon155

horizon155 DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Information Tech
    Ratings:
    +121 / 44
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hey Guys,

I'm in a small bind here, I need to find a semi-reputable / affordable rental place (furnished if possible) somewhere around the Duma area (Dauin, Sibulan, Etc) - for the next 3-4 months. In about 3-4 months I will be returning to the U.S. for awhile, so I can't be locked into any type of long-term contract.

Thanks

2. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Your time frame fits well with Hermogina Apartments. Two locations, one walking distance to Robinson's Mall (by Lord Byrons) and another further south. When I was there they prefered 2 month minimum but I was monthly the entire time. I ended up staying 6 months.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    horizon155

Information Tech
    Ratings:
    +121 / 44
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Also, I don't have a car (was involved in a serious motobike accident couple years ago) - so I need some transportation (like a big car or van) to help transfer some of my things to a new place. I'd be willing to pay for transportation (Php 1000+) I'm in Bais so its only about a 45 minute drive from downtown Dumaguete. If someone could do this and wants to PM me, i can give you my cell #

4. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    There's an apartment available in Agan-An sibulan (next to Mias) for P10k per month with a good flexible owner but its unfurnished

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    If walking stairs is not an issue for you, then you may want to check out the apartments opposite the Sibulan public market. The building they are in is called the Tago building, apartments are fully furnished (bedroom with aircon) and not expensive. We stayed there for a month when we first arrived in the Dumaguete area and had a pleasant stay.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    horizon155

Information Tech
    Ratings:
    +121 / 44
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Stairs is not an issue. I appreciate the recommendation. I'll definitely check them out. Do you happen to have a name, number or anything of the Apartment complex?

7. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    PM sent

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hermogina was p10,000/mo for furnished studio, p18,000/mo for 2 bedroom furnished, don't remember 3 bedroom pricing (internet and cable tv included, separate bill for electric and water). They also have a moving truck available for rent.

9. OP
    OP
    horizon155

Information Tech
    Ratings:
    +121 / 44
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thats right around my price point 10k/month - I called Hermogina but they want 12k for just a studio in the Calindagan area (behind robinsons), and the other place is only a 2 bedroom at a higher price point and outside the downtown area. It's just me, so I'm looking for just a furnished 1 bedroom place. All the showcased items seem to be mainly houses, way to much space for me and above my budget. So again, I haven't received a whole lot of replies but the few that did reply, thanks, I really appreciate it. I checked into and I came across a few that may have worked but (1 was in valencia, I dont want to be that far west) - the other was (12k for a studio seemed a bit high for nothing included) - the other was all full, and I'm waiting to hear back from another. So I ask again, if someone has any referrals I'm all ears :smile:

10. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    There are a ton of places in Dumaguete running around 6K, both furnished and unfurnished. For these places, you need someone to jump on a motorcycle and look around.

Pay a local to run around and gather a list. Get a place for 6K and pay the entire 6 months contract they usually require. Maybe you can get a deal if you can offer the entire payment upfront.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1