Dumaguete Info Search

In case of emergency, call 911!

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by aldinlapinig, Nov 29, 2016.

1. aldinlapinig

aldinlapinig DI Junior Member

Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +50 / 4
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hi guys,

I would just like to share this very good news and certainly will help a lot of people in case of emergency. Just last week, I had to call the police to report a drunkard harassing every passing vehicles near St. Paul University gate 3. It could have been an easy 911 call instead of googling for the local police station number. :smile:

https://negroschronicle.com/911-operational-dgte-nationwide/
    [​IMG]

Note: Please be reminded that prank 911 calls is considered a serious offense and punishable by law.

Cheers to the Duterte administration for making this happen....fast! :smile:

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I came across this News item yesterday and was going to post it until I noticed aldinlapinig had beat me to it, but I have a question;
    Has ANYONE here actually used the 911 Emergency Number and was it effective? :o o:

I find it disconcerting that each area has it's own mobile number knowing full well bad connections amongst many other factors will most likely delay any emergency call to said numbers, so I wonder overall; if the 911 number is effective here in Dumaguete/ Negros Oriental and are they able to trace a call via GPS or tracking in the event the Emergency Service is not familiar with the layout such as Street/ Barangay etc... :o o:

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Call centre service I am afraid mate, Hit and Miss, even Trike Drivers have a problem in find addresses

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    aldinlapinig

Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +50 / 4
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Most probably... But I have to say, it's a good start though... :smile: I heard a radio interview about a girl saved by 911 hotline in Dumaguete... I'm not completely sure about the details but I think she was in danger of being raped and called 911, then got connected to Cebu hotline center, they took care of contacting authorities nearby the incident... Correct me if I got the wrong info... :smile:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    I doubt you are wrong on the Emergency Contact But I would question the response from Dumaguete the end Given length of time to respond to anything. No! not Negative, just being Realistic,:eek: after many years of being here. :sneaky:

6. OP
    OP
    aldinlapinig

Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +50 / 4
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I agree... But that's how it is... it takes time for a system to mature... :smile: What's good, is that it has saved a life already...

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    You may be interested to know that the 911 system is not perfect in North America, either. I was driving through a small rural town in Northern Canada when I saw vandals destroying the property at the city hall at 3 am. I called 911 on my cell phone and they told me I had reached the emergency response team at a city 500 km away and there was nothing they could do so thanks for calling but unless I had the local number for the local police there was nothing that could be done.

This was about 15 years ago so things may have changed, but as you say: It takes time for a system to mature.

8. OP
    OP
    aldinlapinig

Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +50 / 4
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Well, despite that, it has saved a lot of lives... :smile: Again, the positive aspect of it is what's more important. And let's all contribute to the improvement of the system whenever we can. :smile:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Are there even cities in Northern Canada that are closer than 500km from each other?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think Duterte should have used 119 (China) instead of 911 (North America) with as much sh*t as he likes to talk about the US. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 2