Dumaguete Info Search

In-Laws

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by PatO, Dec 31, 2022.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I am fortunate to have a great family and extended family. So helpful in so many ways. They are the reason these have been the best 13 years of my life. Maybe I am of the minority here. I have found by giving, you get more back. Are they perfect? Am I?

• Like Like x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I think we get the message after 3 times lol.

3. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    3rd times a charm...lol

4. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Third wife certainly is

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick - but are we criticising someone who has great pride in his family? Someone who has that pride because of the tremendous level of support from his family?

IMO it should be applauded and I don't care how many times the statement is made. If someone has good reason to be proud here of his local family or has pride in his family at home or pride in any individual, then shout it from the rooftops.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    LOL....... (Dutchie's) statement was directly to me, a post I had since erased as some how it posted 3 times over. It was a glitch in the Matrix.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Unless it's Nippa!

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Crystalhead

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    My mother in law came for a visit so I asked her - How long do you plan to stay?
    Just until I start getting on your nerves, she replied.
    Oh, so you won't even stay for a coffee?

• Funny Funny x 6
  9. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31
    I have similar experience as PatO. In-laws are mostly pretty poor - fishing etc and we help out with some regular budgeting and on celebrations etc. But - I never, ever feel that it's seen as an obligation and the regular thanks that we get are definitely sincere. E.G. - a simple New Year's celebration on the beach just yesterday. Wife said later that one family member said they were so thankful as it would not have happened if we had not organized/mostly funded, and that they thoroughly enjoyed it. It was not even that costly in the scheme of things.

I have known them all for many years. Never been conned/screwed/scammed/bad mouthed or had any wrong done to me/us by any of them. They are basically a reflection of my wife's parents and herself and they will also share what little they have and help with any little crises that we have. I trust them implicitly, but even so there have to be limits to what we are prepared to do for them financially and I believe they understand that.

I have been accepted and welcomed into their family without hesitation from them and have absolutely no regrets on that score. This may be a rare situation here, I cannot say, but I do read many cynical comments on partners' family members, so count myself as very fortunate.

There MUST be others here with similar experiences?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    That was what I was referencing in my post (the multiple posts), but now no one will get it. Thanks Mr. Crystalhead. lol

• Like Like x 1