Dumaguete Info Search

Event In the aftermath of Typhoon Odette, the barangay, through the leadership of Barangay...

Discussion in 'NORECO II Announcements' started by NORECO II, Jan 12, 2022.

1. NORECO II

NORECO II Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In the aftermath of Typhoon Odette, the barangay, through the leadership of Barangay Captain Dionesio Radoc, took immediate action by clearing vegetation, digging holes for 19 poles and hauling the poles to the site to be erected by the NORECO II team. Kudos Barangay Canaway. https://t.co/ue1XPatZ10

(Feed generated with FetchRSS)

Continue reading...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 333
    Today 4 weeks after the typhoon and power still not restored to houses on the last few hundred mt of MAIN concrete road before Camp Lookout in Valencia.
    No Noreco workers visible there yesterday ?

3. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I can surely understand the frustration about being without electricity for so long, but it is also not hard to understand the priorities at Noreco when restoring. Their latest report still shows thousands of households without power in Bayawan, Sta Catalina, Tanjay and Pamplona, probably in much more densely populated areas. For Valencia they report 100 households without power, presumably all of those in sparsely populated areas.
    I would say that if you choose to live in an area like that, you implicitly accept that you're going to be low priority in the aftermath of a widespread disaster.
    It still sucks that it takes so long though, I agree.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dutchie

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    But today's posts from Noreco II paint a totally different perspective, apparently they're sending a team of linesmen to assist Noreco I while they still have 14,500 of their own customers without power???
    That doesn't make sense.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. MikeP64

MikeP64 DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +247 / 138
    I'm wondering how few Noreco I customers have access to fresh water for drinking. They did take a more direct hit from Odette so it makes sense that they have much more damage to their grid. If there are more people not within driving or delivery distance of drinking water, I would agree getting them power to run their well pumps is a higher priority.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dutchie

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I agree Mike, however, the assistance should then come from an electric cooperative elsewhere in the country where there's no storm damage to repair, rather than from a neighbouring cooperative that's still struggling themselves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. MikeP64

MikeP64 DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +247 / 138
    That would be the ideal form of Task Force Kapatid. In lieu of the ideal, kudos to Barangay Captain Dionesio Radoc for taking matters in his own hands.