Dumaguete Info Search

insects

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by kopelli, Jan 20, 2019.

1. kopelli

kopelli DI New Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 3
    I'm sure most everyone has found these small creatures on your walls, and hanging on a short web from the ceiling. They eventually turn into a clothes moth, and eat your wool undies.
    They are called a case bearing moth. The small worm inside, weaved a cocoon around itself, which can turn around inside and change directions to pull along the cocoon.
    Other than being a bit interesting, they are a d*mn nuisance, and probably impossible to get rid of.
    I first would sweep them down, but those which would go behind furniture, and probably swept out the door, came right back up the walls. I then tried a dust buster vac, but usually not able to reach ones near ceiling. I then bought a shop vac, with long wane, which works great, but hard to get around, plus the noise.
    I tried insect spray, but breathing that stuff is worst than insects, and never sure they died.
    After several years sweeping the little bastards around, spraying, vacuuming, cussing and complaining, I found that a soft pad for a sanding disk will work. The hook and eye kind, for use on angle grinder will imprison them in the hooks when rubbing against the wall. They eventually dry up, and fall off.
    I have my pad screwed on a three foot long, 3/8'' threaded rod, bent at one end to get the ones on wall, and a second pad on the straight end for the ceiling.
    I buy the soft pads at Top an Bottom p69 and the threaded rod at Dennis Marketing, cheap, but don't remember exact price.
    Now if someone knows of a kill for those d*mn lizards, I would sure appreciate the info.