Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Instant Mashed Potatoes

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by PatO, Mar 15, 2016.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    We used to be able to buy instant mashed potatoes at Casablaca when they had them with their deli products. Anyone know if they are sold in Dumaguete?
    Note: I realize it is near blasphemy for an Irish guy to ask for the instant (particularly 2 days before St. Patrick's Day) but my wife wants to make cottage pie and too hard for her to mash the fresh.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #5 by Charlie, Mar 15, 2016 (5 points)
  3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    My spouse says to tell her to overcook the potatoes and then they mash up with a fork real easy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Canadianized

Canadianized DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +224 / 27
    Maybe ask at the Mooon Cafe where they get their shitty instant mashed potatoes. Terrible eating that crap with a good steak. Is it just me that hates the taste? Tastes like something used to eat in the military years ago.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Can't have been that bad as you are still alive to tell us this, said with tongue in cheek and a big Smile :happy: My friend

6. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    Best Answer

I just bought 4 boxes at Hypermart today. P64 for a 200 gram box. I have had them before and they are just fine. Yellow box, same aisle as the breakfast cereal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Probably why I like them. lol

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    They also have in robinsons if you walk along the center isle they are on right side about half way along.
    Or as someone mentioned cook your spuds well and mash with milk,butter and black pepper.spud mashers are cheap in hyper.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Hmmmmmmm Been looking for ages, where abouts are they Davy?

10. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    One block up from the tills and end of isle,near colemans sauces,several different types there. I will check tomorrow.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    I remember plenty of it in the field myself, but I loved it. I recall a couple of wingnuts even snorting it during the usual gross out contests!

• Funny Funny x 3