Dumaguete Info Search

Insurance

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by steveb155, Apr 24, 2013.

1. steveb155

steveb155 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do they have insurance avail here where a i pay a set amount a month and if my moto gets damaged, stolen etc I'm covered? Any info appreciated

2. stevep

stevep DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    not sure if they would pay you... lol.... But, you are required to have Ins. to register your ride here.

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Getting them to pay out can take several months. A friend of mine had to take the insurance company to court to get his to pay out.

Maybe you can find a good one and get full coverage. If you have an accident and the person asks for a payout give them your insurance information, ha. Make sure you get a picture of the look of disappointment on their faces.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Btw:I had full coverage insurance on a car before. Please note that they do NOT cover nuclear incidents. That made me laugh when I read it.

5. OP
    OP
    steveb155

steveb155 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    can someone reccommend a company or website to insure my bike

6. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
  7. stevep

stevep DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not always the case, but.. if your a foreigner they will always say its your fault and have many witnesses on their side. Its sad but I know peoiple that had this happen to them.

8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Didn't matter in my accident. All the witnesses said it was not my fault but the police and the family still expected me to pay out. Having full coverage insurance helps. It turns it into a filipino vs filipino (owned insurance company) event, certainly levels the playing field a bit.

9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I insure our bikes with Standard, they are located at the Portal West Bldg, on Silliman Ave., 3rd fl. Had to get insurance for renewals.