Dumaguete Info Search

International Couriers in Dumaguete.. Fedex/UPS/EMS

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by brokenbenjamin, Feb 20, 2011.

1. brokenbenjamin

brokenbenjamin DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello.
    Does Fedex or UPS or EMS have a branch in Dumaguete?
    If they do then where are they?

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    DHL, and it is across from the street and down a little from the National Bookstore by Silliman University. There is no UPS in the Philippines and Fedex ships all their incoming from the U.S. through DHL. What is it you are trying to ship or receive? How big of a hurry are you? Where are you shipping to? There may be alternatives that will save you a lot of $$.

3. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    My wife has sent me several packages ( some with important documents) Thru LBC Cargo. When it arrives here to Me in California it was delivered by either Fed Ex or Airborne Express. LBC has some sort of share agreement with them. I was once told that there was a Fed Ex office across the street from Noreco.whether or not this is true You'll have some more answers very soon..cheers

4. OP
    OP
    brokenbenjamin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the replies.

@Knowdafish: Am planning to order some DVDs/Blu-Rays online but the store I want to buy from only has fedex,ups and ems. The store is based in Hong Kong.
    I am aware that customs in here the Philippines are known to be corrupt but I'm in a bit of a rush.. :o

So if I choose Fedex.. will it arrive in our DHL a few days later?

5. OP
    OP
    brokenbenjamin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    and..
    @john reynolds: or will it arrive at our LBC?..

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    On Line?

:confused:
    :confused: BB!, you are either Buying from a Store or On line. The Store I can Understand, using a Particular Courier/Delivery service. Buying on Line is Different, it is part of the Purchase contract to deliver to YOU, at an Address you give. They will Normally charge a P&P rate, This is them up to them to deliver. I trust you have 1st hand knowledge of Corruption in the Customs here where, Major Couriers are used. if not please do not make sweeping statements, it give us the foreigner, a bad name. :wink:

Jack P.:smile:

7. Bebasguy

Bebasguy DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'm almost certain we used Fedex. They have an agent on the main street going north on west side.
    But I just checked with asawa. She thinks they're closed now. Anyway, across street from Noreco and a little south.

I guess she's right. Fedex website doesn't show an agent in Dumaguete

http://fedex.com/ph/dropoff/

8. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Sadly I won't deal with DHL. I have never tried to ship anything with them, but I have never received anything that someone tried to ship to me using DHL, and believe me people have tried. I was doing mechanical restoration of antique and classic vehicles from my home and was buying many parts online. I felt bad for the people who shipped me items. I tried to work with DHL to recover the items they mis-delivered, to no avail. I always had to cancel the credit card payment, for I will not pay for what I didn't receive. The only time I had a problem with UPS; they called one day and told me they couldn't find me. I had to tell them my home was the place they always stopped to ask directions. I received my delivery at 4 pm instead of 9 am, no problem. Robert K

9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I shipped copied of my wedding to some family in the US via LBC and it was very expensive.

10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Try this Site!

:wink: Hi BrokenB, Try this site, Just as an alternative. :smile:

World Link Couriers - "Service Delivery Made Easy"

Hope you get some success soon.

Jack P.:smile: