Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Internet in Valencia

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by MichaelS, Apr 26, 2017.

1. MichaelS

MichaelS DI New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 2
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hi ! Do you have experiences with Internet in Valencia ? How is the possible download / upload Speed ? What for Provider and Connection ?
    Thanks for info`s !

Michael

2. Best Answer:
    Post #9 by Rye83, Aug 29, 2017 (5 points)
  3. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I would like to know this also.

4. themadbuddha

themadbuddha DI Junior Member

Year of Change
    Ratings:
    +13 / 8
    related question, which is the best cellular network for internet in Valencia?

5. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Not too far from the town plaza you can usually get Globe DSL. We had a 3mbps plan which usually delivered what it promised. Upstream was 256 or 512kbit/so. Good enough for Netflix / apple TV movies. At the plaza you have 4g connectivity with a globe sim card as far as I remember, further up the mountains this might not be the case though.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have the Globe LTE Broadband 10Mb postpaid plan. Getting 6Mb down, 1 Mb up at the moment. Mostly because I moved a couple months ago and have not bothered installing the antenna correctly yet.

7. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    If you are along the Highway, you may also consider Fil-Products as I was told they are installing Cable from Zamboanguita all the way to Dumaguete. I have Cable on at home (6Mbps) and am very happy with the performance most days. I am very sure it is supplied by Globe, and Fil-Products offer "Unlimited Skies the Limit Data usage" (NO throttling/Caps) which I LIKE a LOT! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  8. themadbuddha

themadbuddha DI Junior Member

Year of Change
    Ratings:
    +13 / 8
    Only back for 2 weeks this time. Little while away before it becomes a second home. Hopefully by then the world will be on super fibre or some scifi superinternet

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. davewe

davewe DI Junior Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +59 / 7
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I am about to rent a house in Valencia (E. Balabag). When I asked the rental agent his only response was that the previous renter had used Fil Products. He had no idea whether there were any other options. So I too would like to know whether this is the best option.

I have no fantasies about incredible speeds. Just want something usable.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Best Answer
    Internet speeds are likely going to change depending on what barangay you are in. I think Fil-Products, if available, is going to have the best overall experience in Valencia since it is wired internet. You won't have to worry about signal strength or funny rf propagation through foliage in certain locations.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. barryrio

barryrio DI Member

Ratings:
    +328 / 26
    If you live near the main roads in Valencia why not go for the new PLDT fiber option. They are hooking up the boxes now, that is what all those "Aceum" crews are doing. Pal of mine further up Jose Romero Road has already subscribed and is waiting for the new system to go live. 1899 a month for 20 Meg unlimited data or 50 Meg with data cap. Just look for the new PLDT cement posts and a cable with little red tags on it. If you have one of those nearby you may well be in luck. Our line runs up Jose Romero, crosses over at Bong Bong and goes back down to Valencia on the Lungga road.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1