Dumaguete Info Search

Internet Speeds

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Larry_H, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Larry_H

Larry_H DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I know that the always elusive 3MB internet speed is possible there (however unlikely and random). But I was wondering...how do you get your movies? Do you download? Buy pirate copies? Don't bother? Pay retail?

I ask because I download 24/7...movies, TV shows, music...whatever I want. Will internet speeds/reliability allow me to do that there? Is there some parts of the city(cites) that are better than others for internet speeds reliability?

As I build an unbelievably huge library, I also take requests (even though you won't get them until I am living there)

2. redneck

redneck DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I haven't seen anyone selling actual retail dvd's of movies here, with the exception of Aly Mae, and those are mostly old ones. But to purchase newer releases is impossible. The pirated copies are a crap shoot, but about your only option if you want to buy a newer release dvd. I usually just stream movies and tv shows from movie4k.to, and we average 5-7 mbps, so it usually works okay. I have recently heard using one of those android tv boxes and installing a program XBMC to watch movies and tv shows. I might try that.

3. daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    Have been watching Breaking Bad here for the last 5 years, Homeland, Madmen, Bill Maher, movies for the kids, etc. Torrents work great and have no need for a library, only saved a few things worth watching again.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    My Internet blows. I can't even stream YouTube videos seamlessly even with the HD turned off. Stay away from Globe in Valencia.

5. Princeton

Princeton DI Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 13
    I'm in Duma,have PDLT...spend more time buffering than watching...not worth the time O-xI