Dumaguete Info Search

Internet Timed out.

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Jack Peterson, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    :hmmm: A couple of times today I have been Timed out on the Forum, I know I have a Slow connection at certain times through the day but this one is new on me. It says DI took too long to Respond!
    Anyone Else get this? :idea:

2. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I haven't had the issue myself and I check in regularly.

The catch is though that most browsers will time out if your ping for the request is over 500ms. That has been the default timer for many years and the bad thing is here 500ms is a normal day for some of the wireless internet here or during peak times. I used to have the same issue with globe years ago (now using globe business line and no issues though), pldt once and awhile, skycable happens to occasionally for my taste, and even fil products during peak times on Friday and weekends. They just get to congested and are to cheap to buy more bandwidth from the backbone suppliers.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Had it happen to me as well but I've been downlo.....errr, I mean, "streaming" movies from completely legal websites the past couple days. I have been getting the error on other websites as well.

• Like Like x 1