Dumaguete Info Search

Intro - Duma - how to get there?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by NeddySterling, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeddySterling

NeddySterling DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Is this where I introduce myself?
    The names Sterling - Neddy Sterling - but then I knew that already.

I am heading that way from Cebu next week - Any suggestions how? Last year i caught the ferry 8 hours - arrived at 3 am and got badly skimmed by Trike rider.

Thought I'd drop in and buy the wife a bit of property - Can anyone suggest a good lawyer? - I know thats a contradiction in terms.

Chico Marx said "Get a lawyer - You'll have twice as much trouble but at least you'll have a lawyer"

Well I'll see more of you when you've got less on - probably Tuesday

Neddy :smile:

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Hi Neddy,

just fly with Cebu Pacific. mon-wed-fri
    Trike within airport area overcharge you. walk outside and get a normal price...

same counts for the port-area.

can't help you with lawyer, sorry.

cheers

Rhoody

3. Coyotes

Coyotes DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    pop in and buy hummmmm???? i'd recommend taking slightly longer than a "pop" everyone will try and sell you something....

4. jane

jane DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

About a lawyer, I know one. He was a former judge. He resides in Dauin, Negros Oriental. Judge Enriquez, most say he is a good lawyer.

Hope you will find him there. Good luck!

5. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I really hate to contradict Rhoody, but. The revised schedule for Cebu Pacific flight 5j- 867 non-stop ATR service from Cebu to Dumaguete is now Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. The flight departs Mactan airport at - 0620 and is scheduled to arrive here at 0700.

You don't say where you are coming from. Cebu Pacific baggage allowance of 15kg does not correspond to more generous offerings of other airlines international flights. If you are connecting from abroad you'll likely have to pay for excess.

Welcome!

6. OP
    OP
    NeddySterling

NeddySterling DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks for the responses gang!

I figure I'll try and do bus/ferry across to sibulan because you notice all the planes that go down tend to be internal flights? - also I figure should try to see as much of the place as I can and planes ain't the way. - Having said that thanks anyway Rhoody for an extremely gentle welcome -I'm feeling priviledged.

Actually I notice in the RP nobody in the shops tries to sell you anything - or maybe I've been hanging around Gaisano too long.

Now the touts, beggers, pimps, and girls outside Robinsons Cebu are another story - anyone tried any of those funny blue pills?

I found a blog by the owner of one real estate website who lives Duma I believe (you know they take money off people who want to sell their house/land) Anyway she was saying that the world financial woes has affected her business this year. We spent 10 days trying to view one house they had in Lapu Lapu - and I mean 10 days full time work. In Duma they finally replied to our email after 4 days and 300 pesos in phone calls. - This is someone who is cashed up and going to find somewhere hopefully by Friday.

Time for cup of tea and good lie down.

7. dumaguetenia

dumaguetenia DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0

heheheee..! it is sunday morning here now , but can't help to be naughty :wink:
    when i was in Dumaguete with my boyfriend , we try the white pills ,just for fun LOL...! (my boyfiend will put a pillow on my face with this)..kind of working. I will ask him to answer you question when he come. His still in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.