Dumaguete Info Search

Introducing Robs

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Robs, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robs

Robs DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello everyone. I am traveling from the USA to Dumaguete in November of this year. The last time I was in your city was 10 years ago. I enjoyed my trip, but I was looking for a good cup of coffee. Where is the best place to get a great cup of coffee in Dumaguete City?

I enjoy this forum since it is very informative. Rob

2. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Hi Robs and welcome to the forum. There is a coffee bar just inside the entrance of Super Lee Place, where you can get a variety of brewed coffee. If this is the best in town or not, I really don`t know, since to be honest, the best coffee, I get, when I am "home" in Dumaguete, is the one, that I bring with me from Europe and brew in my own house :smile:

I think you will find, that Dumaguete has changed/grown quite a lot in the past 10 years, so prepare yourself for a mild chock, when you arrive.

It is nothing like the development, which has taken place on tourist destinations like Phuket in Thailand or Boracay for that matter. But still pretty remarked, and particularly if your last visit was as long as 10 years ago.

3. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Welcome Rob.
    My best coffee I had at a coffee bar/restaurant at the second floor of the Spanish Heritage at the back of Don Atiliano in Sta Catalina street.
    Coffee was good.....but beer they don't offer :o:rolleyes:

4. OP
    OP
    Robs

Robs DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for the welcome and information. I think I will bring a coffee maker and coffee with me.

5. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    For great local coffee sweatened with condensed milk in the morning try the 3rd or 4th stall in the public market. Get a fried egg sandwich with it, very affordable and tasty.

6. OP
    OP
    Robs

Robs DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pedro, thanks for your response. I will have to try the coffee at the market. Thanks, Rob

7. richard08

richard08 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    heheh this is the place where you eat and spend like the locals did. my "suki" there is the stall number 1. When you go there just be a cowboy, best time is 6 to 7am.

8. culumbinus

culumbinus DI Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 20
    that's a mighty long way in search of coffee...but welcome again to dumaguete...:smile:

9. c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    welcome to the forum...we would love to meet you when u come to the city...for coffee, try spanish heritage...nice place..

10. laineelang

laineelang DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think the coffeeshop jellyfish is referring to is Cafe Antonio. they also serve meals and desserts and have wifi so you definitely get more than just coffee there.
    It would be great to see more and better coffeeshops in Dumaguete though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.