Dumaguete Info Search

Inventory of foreign nationals

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by grandpainak, Sep 7, 2013.

1. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Had a visit from the Jawa Barangay Caption. He handed us a form that ask a lot of personal questions. He stated that it was required by the Philippine government. He stated that it was for government use incase we were to get kidnaped or burglarized. The hole thing sounded REAL PHONY to us, and I said so. He suggested we stop by the police station on Monday and we will do that.

Has any of you encountered this?

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    We got one a few years back shortly after another American had caused some problems with neighbors and the barangay captain near the cemetery. We ignored it, and nobody ever came back for it.

Larry

3. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    No, not yet...

4. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I would ask the Brgy. Captain to fill out the same form and give it to you for your files, just in case he is burglarized or kidnapped. :smile:

I would also ask for proof that filling out the form is "required by the Philippine government."

I have not been asked to fill out said form.

5. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I have received the same form. I know the Captain pretty well, so I simply filled it out. He will come by tomorrow to pick it up.

6. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    Personally I would check with immigration and see if they know about this. It just doesn't sound right.

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    In addition to our own experience with this, which was very minimal, I have heard of this from other areas as well. It is kind of suspicious though by the fact that most of the info they ask for, BI already has on most of us who have 13A visa, not to mention nobody would really care if we were kidnapped anyway!

Larry

8. OP
    OP
    grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Inventory of Foreign Nationals 2

I went by Valencia's Mayor and he said that he knew nothing of this "Inventory of Foreign Nationals" but was going to call a caption's meeting to find out why or what this Inventory of Foreign Nationals form was all about. I than went by the Dumaguete visa folks and they did not know any thing about it either. Than it was a trip to the PNP in Valencia. The chief there said that it did originate from the PNP but could not tell us who or why that form was started. He took the blank form from us and told us not to worry about it. An email from my Atty. stated that I sound just throw it away.
    End of story.O-|

9. Bebasguy

Bebasguy DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks for that info. I was going to do what you have already done. Now I won't have to.

10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Inventory? Lol well that pretty much sums up what they think about us......an accodomy. (that word doesn't look like it's spelled or used correctly for some reason. Need more sleep)