Dumaguete Info Search

Is car rental can save our budget and time touring negros occidental?

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by franzwah, Dec 8, 2011.

1. franzwah

franzwah DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there! i just want to know your opinion regarding car rentals in Dumaguete. We are first timers to go to this wonderful and fascinating province, and we want to go to Bais for dolphin watching, tour Dumaguete City with our own convenience and Valencia to see Forest Camp and Casaroro falls.

Is it necessary to save money and time, or is it more practical to commute? Thank you!:smile:

2. OP
    OP
    franzwah

franzwah DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just want also to ask if is it possible to visit Casaroro Falls in Valencia and Lake Balanan in Siaton in one whole day? Also, going to Bais to see dolphin and Manjuyod Sandbar in the morning, and then Sibulan to see Balinsasayao Twin lakes the next day? Is the route feasible enough? Thank you very much!

3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I was at caseroro falls last week and it's not so nice now due to a large rockfall and some of the path being washed away, the river has also changed course so not so easy to get near now. The falls at niludhan near mabinay are much more spectacular and you could also visit the caves there.
    The places you mention in your posts do not have good rds going up to them also and you will need a car with a good clearance under and is around 10 kms on these rds to get there.caseroro is shorter but it took me 3 attempt to get up one section of the track last week due to a bad rain storm a few weeks ago and I use a 4x4.
    Probably also not possible to do bias and twin lakes also as a good drive between them and you will want to spend some time at twin lakes .
    Hope this helps.

4. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    If you want to appreciate your sight-seeing trips, don't cramp too many destinations in one day. Traveling to and from Valencia takes time and you just don't go there and come back immediately. You would want to take pictures, maybe take a swim, eat a little, etc. Going to Bais City for dolphin-watching would also take time. Regarding car rentals, you might be able to save some money if you use public transport but in terms of convenience and saving time, it is a lot better to rent a car.

5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Or even better a 4x4 vehicle!

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    @franzwah: It really depends a lot what time of the year you wanna visit, at the moment (and the next few month) you can skip Bais, there won't be many or no dolphins.
    This time of the year the clouds also hang pretty deep on east side of our little hill in our back, which make trips to higher altitude to a moist and wet undertaking.

However, you should take your time with sightseeing and not rushing but enjoying the sights, unless you need to run a check-list with "been there-done that"

7. OP
    OP
    franzwah

franzwah DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @Rhoody: We were planning to go on trip in March or May. Do you think there will be many dolphins on that months? Do you think Valencia has more tourist spots to offer to skip Bais and Manjuyod sandbar?

@Rarity54f: Yeah, thanks actually your right! I am amazed that Negros Occidental has many beautiful places to offer! Maybe i will try to cut some of destinations in my iterinary to savor the moment in these places.

@DavyL200: Thank you for informing me about the road/ path to casaroro falls. Im thinking of going to Mabinay to see Niludhan Falls instead. :smile:

Thank you! :smile:

8. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Franzwah,drop me a line closer to the time and will give you directions on how to get to niludhan falls,you will not regret going there!
    You can even get behind the falls if you have the bottle to do this !

9. OP
    OP
    franzwah

franzwah DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    DavyL200: Many thanks sir! I'll contact you again close to our travel date. Hope you could help us with the directions. Im looking forward seeing it too! Thank you very much! :smile:

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    @Franzwah: May would be better for Dolphin Watching and Sandbar, usually better weather and more dolphins. With the other "tourist spots" it would be unfair of me to judge them as I come from an area where nature waterfalls, lakes surrounded by trees and limestone cave with stalactites and stalagmites are so beautiful and play in higher league.