Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Is good quality beef available in Dumaguete?

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by USEXPAT, Jun 4, 2017.

1. USEXPAT

USEXPAT DI Junior Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +25 / 5
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Does anyone know where I can purchase good quality beef? The beef at Robinsons and Lee Plaza doesn't look very appetizing.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #11 by Gabrielle_K, Jun 5, 2017 (4 points)
  3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Their sausage and bacon are worth getting also. The sliced, not the brick, cheese tastes like Kraft American Cheese if you are interested in that also.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    MKKS sells beef from Brasil. I buy the beef tenderloin which is pretty good. They only sell the whole tenderloin at about 750-800 Php/kilo which is good value. A typical piece is about 1.5-2 Kg.

MKKS is across the street and east a couple of stores from City Hardware, near the Cock Pit.

EDIT: They also sell a variety of sausages for those of you that like sausage.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  6. OP
    OP
    USEXPAT

USEXPAT DI Junior Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +25 / 5
    Blood Type:
    O+
  7. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I just have to add;
    Be careful buying from locals or roadside stalls as the neighbours here bought an old Carabao, I mean OLD! This poor old guy could not stand and was skin and bone, his skin looked like that you see on mangy old askals roaming the streets in the city, no hair just sores and scabs, they were hoping to fatten him up and bring him back to good health to resell, but he was too far gone, so they strung him up in the mango tree and bled him out (like pigs it took hours to die!) :sorry:

They asked me if I wanted to buy "BEEF" and I respectfully declined, the Carabao was cut up and sold as "Beef" locally (from memory) for I think 170/190p per kilo..

Every time I see Beef now for sale, I see that old Carabao. :dead:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    a)search Google Maps for 'Belcris Foods', the location is correct

b)from Robinson Mall parking lot turn right heading to Duma, stay right at the 'Y' so you will pass the new, new McDonald's, MKKS (mentioned above), the Bus Station, etc, cross over the bridge, at the second intersection corner, on the right you will see 'Cebuana', the very next business to the right of that on the side street is 'Belcris' (White sign, big red letters) can't miss it.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I buy beef in the mall, bones for my dog, nothing else. Belcris and MKKS is where I buy imported beef from Brasil and US. MKKS is a little cheaper like 1-200 peso a kilo of tenderloin. Quality is okay, US is the best, but not like what I use to buy in Denmark. Price is also different, in Denmark 1 kilo of beef tenderloin cost 4-5000 peso, here 7-900 peso am kilo. Belcris have other good stuff, like cheese, yogurt, salmon and frozen strawberry

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    How's their strawberries? Fruit doesn't freeze well unless it's quick frozen in liquid nitrogen or a sub zero freezer etc

11. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I use the frozen strawberry for porridge and layer cake, taste great. I don't know how the freeze the strawberry down, you can ask in Belcris, maybe the know, just maybe, lol. 1 kilo around 340 peso

• Informative Informative x 1