Dumaguete Info Search

Is Life fair?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by john boy, Nov 25, 2022.

1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,143 / 229
    Many years ago as a young man, I met at work a colleague who became my mentor in life
    He quote many pearls of wisdom during those years we worked together.
    One example was; I use to complain I had no shoes till I met a man who had no feet!
    It's so true that as much as we occasionally complain about our lot in life, there are so many people around the world suffering the hardships that life and country throws at them.
    But should that stop us from speaking out against unfairness and corruption within our own countries?
    While many people in the UK experienced the effects of Brexit and Covid on their lives, many small businesses went to the wall, jobs were lost etc etc, however for the privileged few it was a time to use their money and influences to create even more wealth. It is only now that some actions and behaviour are coming to light through journalism and investigating media.
    While I'm not against wealth created through successful businesses, there should always be openness and fair play, something I'm afraid lacking in higher circles.
    Revealed: Tory peer Michelle Mone secretly received £29m from ‘VIP lane’ PPE firm

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    The correct link from The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...secretly-received-29m-from-vip-lane-ppe-firm?

I say correct as in one of the very very few newspapers that investigate any real stories unlike the Daily Heil (Mail) POS.

Regards the article nothing surprises me any more about the sleavy/corrupt Tories. These days they are so blatant they as good as do it openly with their mates in tow getting a slice.

First Brexit, then Covid, what's coming next?? Bit like the USA gun school/club/mall massacres, it's not an if but when and how many/much this time....

As I'm in 1% of the 1% apparently I've nothing in life to complain about truth be told except for that mosquito that bit me earlier.

3. OP
    OP
    john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,143 / 229
    Should of used "Off Lotion "....PS I don't own shares in the company!

• Like Like x 1