Dumaguete Info Search

Is this true

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by alex, Sep 6, 2016.

1. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Philippines' Duterte calls Obama 'son of a wh*re'

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte called Barack Obama a "son of a wh*re" on Monday as he vowed not to be lectured by the US leader on human rights when they meet in Laos.

The acid-tongued Duterte bristled at warnings he would face questioning by the US president over a war against drugs in the Philippines that has claimed more than 2,400 lives in just over two months.

"You must be respectful. Do not just throw away questions and statements. Son of a wh*re, I will curse you in that forum," Duterte told a news conference shortly before flying to Laos to attend a summit.

[​IMG]

US President Barack Obama (left) and Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte ©Saul Loeb, Manman Dejeto (AFP)

"We will be wallowing in the mud like pigs if you do that to me."

Duterte was due to hold a bilateral meeting with Obama on Tuesday afternoon on the sidelines of a gathering of global leaders hosted by the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in Vientiane, the Lao capital.

But shortly after Duterte spoke, Obama appeared to cast doubt on whether such a meeting could take place.

Calling Duterte "a colourful guy", the US president said was asking his staff to find out whether a meeting would be useful.

"I always want to make sure if I'm having a meeting that it's actually productive and we're getting something done," he told reporters.

Duterte, 71, was elected in May after a promise to wage an unprecedented war on illegal drugs that would see tens of thousands of suspects killed.

Official figures released Sunday show that, since he took office on June 30, over 2,400 people have been killed in police anti-drug operations and by suspected vigilantes.

Speaking on the sidelines of the G20 summit in the Chinese city of Hangzhou, Obama said Washington recognised that drugs were a significant problem for the Philippines. But he insisted that he would not shy away from raising concerns about the way the issue was being handled under the new administration.

"The issue of how we approach fighting crime and drug trafficking is a serious one for all of us. We've got to do it the right way," he said.

"Undoubtedly, if and when we have a meeting, this is something that's going to be brought up. And my expectation, my hope is that it could be dealt with constructively."

Duterte has angrily rejected criticism from the Catholic Church, human rights groups, legislators and the United Nations.

And he vowed Monday the bloodbath would continue as he pursued his goal of eradicating illegal narcotics in the Philippines.

"More people will be killed, plenty will be killed until the last pusher is out of the streets. Until the (last) drug manufacturer is killed, we will continue and I will continue," he said.

Duterte insisted he would not take orders from the United States, a former colonial ruler of the Philippines, and did not care about how he was perceived.

Duterte has quickly earned a reputation for making offensive comments about his critics, or others he does not like.

He has also branded Pope Francis and the US ambassador to Manila sons of whores.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2016
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    This guy certainly speaks his mind! And it probably true as other ph news sites have it also.
    Usually the mail stories are total garbage but this time maybe not!

3. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Looks like enough real news sites are running the story. I did not look at enough to find one with an exact quote of what he said though. I would like to see the context if he said it in English or context and verify the translation if not.

4. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    This time it is on dailymail with the letter "i" in mail, the other site has a number "1" in ma1l.

• Like Like x 1
  5. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    The Chinese don't respect Obama either from the news reports I have seen. I give Obama partial credit for Brexit, if he had not gone to Britain and tried to tell them they should stay in the EU there probably wouldn't have been such an outcry of who IS Obama to tell them what they should do? It probably threw a couple of points to the Exit side. Turkey doesn't respect Obama, Russia doesn't respect Obama, why should the Philippines?

Put another way, what is the downside?

6. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
  7. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Its completely true. But can you blame Duterte when Obama and cronies keep trying to lecture him on human rights because he's killing drug dealers while liberals like Obama are all for killing unborn fetus's but always care so much for the lives of criminals who destroy lives. I have to stand behind Duterte on this one.

As a side note is there any honest and good leader of any country out there that respects Obama or even any leader of any other country in general? They may respect in some way the *President* of the US but Obama as a man I think comes up very short in respect (not that he has earned any respect).

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Obviously a candidate to read the Book "How to win friends & influence people" :whistling:

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Seems like duterte is doing what he said he would do and good on him,the last lot were a waste of time and did nowt except line their pockets. He is trying to wipe the asg off of mindano and trying to clean up curruption,no one else has had the balls to do it! At the last count I think duterte had 91% from the population and I'm sure they would still back him if he ever brought in martial law.
    As goes for the u.s government I have little respect for them also,just greedy warmongerers!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Obama cancelled the meeting with Duterte. Yeah lets get Donald Trump in power, then America will be great again lol

• Funny Funny x 2