Dumaguete Info Search

It was bound to happen... Pizza lechon!

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by RHB, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Well, wait no longer, Greenwich Pizza has just introduced another pizza compendium, or compileupium...

Lechon baboy pizza, complete with thick and chewy crust, red peppers, garlic, onions, and lots of grease laden Lechon chunks. The perfect melding of Pinoy and Italian Cuisine! I got a call from them as I seem to be on their favored customer list, "sir we have this new promo tonight". Well I bit, ordered and was quickly delivered one double size, enough for one large foreigner, pizza. Back to the pizza, not for the gastrointestinally challenged, it has everything bad for you, and of course delicious at the oxymoronically same time.
    I can only say Carmine watch out, this is a winner, and no amount of balsamic vinigrette will swoon the locals, or me for that matter. Yum.

Burp...

2. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Thanks for the info RHB .But why is it something bad for the health and body and blah blah seems nice and yummy ( well i'm only speaking of my taste buds as i am more of a carnivore ).

3. OP
    OP
    RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    MSG..............

4. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    You said of lechon, secret ingredient now MSG... on pizza ?lol:confused: hmmm chinese pizza

5. Melvin Tinklehopper

Melvin Tinklehopper Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gives me chest pains just thinking about it.

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    you should try my Fishhead-Balut-Pizza .....

7. OP
    OP
    RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    msg is not just for Chinese quisine dear, "Accent" former U.S. brand name was used on everything from burgers to spagetti,to chips. Now FDA bans it s use, but companies onw rename it and continue to use it on potato chips and snacks. If you don't know, MSG actually stimulates the brain to eat more, as well as being bad for your health. But I try to eat my fare share, I know I have eaten too much when I get the "MSG Headache":D

8. tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Balut as a pizza ingredient? where is a barf emote when ya need one. Roody, I'm guessing your a fan of that ummmmm, that, eggish/chickenish/lightly feathered in a shell kinda food?
    just a guess mind ya.

Tom

9. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I am sure I haven't said MSG restricted to chinese quisines , did i dear ?

Not trying to bypass your knowledge RHB ,cheerio .I admit I don't know about the business of FDA and laws across the pond restricting use of MSG mixtures in some american canadian products , appreciating the input. What i only knew in my limited layman's know-how of it an ingredient typically use in chinese dishes ,but I didn't say of it soley used only for chinese cooking ,to say it again. Whilst almost all filipino households do use MSG since it arrived in philippine shores , perhaps even your wife's extended family do use it too (did you have a look? ) ,my friends and relatives do ,warned my parents but mother keeps on ,only adding up to my little story ,and as far reaching britain where the counts of OXO for instance , a flavouring/ cooking ingredients I rarely used here has very minute % of MSG , (still have some supply in our cupboard ) and aware also being one of the contents in other products displayed in brit shelves .But thanks , so helpful for reminding us what our grade 6 teacher told us .:wink: :D long time for brains saturated with MSG .

10. OP
    OP
    RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Well it was infered by your reference, So I enlightened you, and Ajino Moto does not live at our house. Have you had powdered P newt on a ceaser salad? MMMM... good, also not healthy, and a little goes a long way.

:wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.