Dumaguete Info Search

Italia Restaurant....

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by mrsteve38, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrsteve38

mrsteve38 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Took my mrs and 5 members of my extended family to Italia Restaurant.
    We had garlic bread and plain bread to start. We all had a main course, five went on to have desert, four of us were drinking red wine (I had 3 glasses), two of us had coffee at the end, and the final bill was in the region of 3000P.
    An excellent meal for 7 people at that price. I reccomend the place.

2. Kinhason2

Kinhason2 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Italia Restaurant......

Hi mrsteve38,
    Your feedback of Italia is highly appreciated. Thanks. We will definitely have dinner there on the very first night of our arrival. "Salud, dinero y amor y mucho tiempo para gastarlo!"

3. Union Jack

Union Jack DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Buon appetito!

Hello Kinhason2, I'll definitively give it a go on my next visit to Dumaguete.
    As an italian, I consider myself the ultimate food critic on italian cuisine so Fabrizio be aware.......:D
    Jokes apart, I'm really keen and I'll take my better half and a few friends over for a little feast.
    I hear Limoncello is also available....brrrrr, hard stuff to stimulate the digestion!
    Buon appetito a tutti :p
    Ciao!!

4. donunus

donunus DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Italia is not bad... I had salmon, it tasted like it was frozen... Not like the fresh ones in cebu 5 star hotels and good restaurants. Ok for Dumaguete I guess. Steak is very expensive at 500 pesos per 100g I think for the Angus! I didn't even try it but my favorite steakhouse (Davids Steak and Seafood) in Cebu is much cheaper and has steak that is better than most steakhouses in the United States and Spain!

5. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    sorry to tell you this donunus but probably 100% of the salmon served in Phils ( and many other countries in the world) is frozen..Actually, frozen salmon should be "fresher" than fresh salmon as the freezeing is done on the boat ,just after the fish is caught......Fresh caught, can sit for hours/days befor getting to market. This is not always true IF you are the one who catches it.. haha..Miguel (ex Canadian salmon fisherman)

6. donunus

donunus DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok sorry for the ignorance there. Blast freeze is the thing they do to it right. Anyway my point is that it didn't taste very fresh

7. donunus

donunus DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So that you know how picky I am though... Lets put it this way... Italia is still one of the best if not the best in Dumaguete. Its just that Bobby Flay is probably not gonna be impressed is my point

8. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    Ya ...I would give 1 of my nuts for a dinner at BF's!!! I have not experianced Italia for dinner,only pizza...and menue looks good...however, best meals I have had sice being in the Phils(10 years) has been at my balay !!!
    Is there a Dumaguete "Supper Club"?...Miguel

9. donunus

donunus DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm definitely eating there again to try more stuff in the menu. Probably tonight :D

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I agree with the Pizza, it is just good (if somebody likes that kind), some Pasta dishes are also mouthwatering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.