Dumaguete Info Search

Iv'e been put in Jail

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by brian ausie, Jan 17, 2012.

1. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    If you are not already aware of the local laws here this is a wakeup call, in 2010 my ex made a complaint through her lawyer of crimes against women in Bacolod,( they used the clause of not providing financial help and verbal abuse) this has a mandatory warrant arrest and a bail of p120,000 or you stay in jail until your hearing, the police all six of them came to my home armed with what looked like AK47 four in a car and two on motor bikes, they took me on last Saturday afternoon, I asked if they can take me Monday when I can contact my Lawyer & the AU consulate, they refused and said I must come now, so I spent two nights in a cell with no beds just concrete floor with carton bedding, luckily for me my AU friend assisted me, they came in with food and water and a role up bed, if it was not for them convincing the police to allow me to stay there until Monday so the lawyer could seek bail I would have been shipped off to a normal jail far away, then await my hearing which is in March, this should have never come about, as we had a signed financial agreement to cancel the hearing, as I had proof that her charges were fake, luckily I had receipts of financial provision to her along with workers statements that there was no verbal abuse, but guess what her lawyer which I would love to name but (Hi Rhoody):wink: won’t forgot to cancel the hearing, so luckily my friend and my lawyer came up with the bail as I am not in a good financial state at the moment, so guys if your asawa hits you with a crimes against women you better get on the first flight out of here.

Brian the jail bird

2. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Welcome to the Philippines.

3. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Verbal abuse is a CRIME?? How Much support would have been expected and why are you OBLIGATED to give any??

4. Bebasguy

Bebasguy DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Put a contract out on the b***h!!! (just kidding..)

5. PrensBana

PrensBana DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    G'day Brian

When i started falling for Pren, my beloved Filipina asawa, on the internet, i started doing a lot of research on the internet about the Philippines.
    The following link was very disturbing, so i asked some expats that i knew online, who were living in PHIL, about this article and they said: Yeah! a lot of stuff like that happens in PHIL

Beware Of Philippine Girls, Take A Look At Vietnam

There were many other articles online that had stories that painted a negative picture of Filipinas

Fortunately there was also much information that talked about the 90+% of Filipinas who were loving, loyal, honest as well as adoreable. So i took the plunge, made my 1st trip OS and married her and am now in my 3rd year of wedded bliss

ooroo cobber

6. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Its just ridiculous though that no proof is needed on her part. Just some nonsense crap talk is all it takes. In the end you may win but putting up that much bail and the costs of a lawyer and all that is nonsense. What I'm wondering is if you have a divorce certificate such as you flew out and got legally divorced (lets say contested with a no show) I'd wonder what would happen.

7. lapux2

lapux2 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    some are better than others to choose women,and some never listen to an advice

8. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    When it comes to picking a woman as one's Wife, the big head works better than the little one....

9. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Unless of course You are a d**k head....but then I digress.....LOL

10. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Probably the best advice in this post. Brian am I correct in deducing after reading the above that it took nearly two years for the warrant to be served? And you were in the same location the whole time?