Dumaguete Info Search

Jo's by the Sea Resort and Restaurant

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by Swany, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    A newly opened, resort and restaurant, in Sibulan below the grotto of Mrs. Ng's 35 foot statue of Virgin Mary by the highway. Owner's name: Mrs. Josephine Bejar Ng. The name of the resort, JO's BY THE SEA. This is just a short ride from Dumaguete to her place. Her other place uphill with the grotto of Virgin Mary is also open to visitors.

swan

2. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    JO'S BY THE SEA has just been opened recently and the great news Swany, it's right in front across our place. And to add, it's not only the fabulous 35 ft Virgin Mary grotto is located but sooner, a botanical garden uphill as well. Guys, I can't just tell you how BEAUTIFUL the place is. One more thing, Sea Forest Beach Resort is just a walk away. So, lucky to have a place near to these fabulous establishments....:smile:

Thank you Swany. We will surely see Mrs. Ng by next week.:wink:

3. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sea Forest cost us 200 entrance, and a required 200 for a hut since we swimming... Next time we'll go to Bahura where at least your entrance fees are comsumable (credit towards food) No alcohol at Sea Forest.

We walked next door to Dream Park afterwards, just to see for ourselves. Filipinos were happily frolicking in the milky fresh water pool... YUCK.

Haven't figured out what Jo's offers yet. Might go to Dream Park to snorkel only and have a brew.

I think it cost P9ea to take a bus from in front of Bethel to Sea Forest. Can't beat that.

4. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I like Jo's ,so as hubby ,one of the places we often go to during the ol' days.It a place I used to ask some extra chicken bones after having a meal (not for the hungry me) but to feed the starving stray cat which seek refuge in the house .The staffs of Jo's were so friendly and generous of the bones that we come in bagfulls .Everytime we come home the cat just waiting outside the front door come running like a child greeting us .Guess he can smell a mile away of those bones .Some said never feed chicken bones to cats but to starving filipino cats it must be rubbish ,chickenbones are a feasts and better than none.The cat was enjoying and thriving with us almost like a pet.Infact was later promoted as an official pet and moved to a better place north of negros.

Anyway ,I think the new Jo's by the seaside in Sibulan would be much better than that of Jo's silliman Avenue ,with gentle sea breeze ,can't complain. The Jo's in Silliman ave.across the SU bookstore can be sometimes cramp and busy and hot if not in the aircon room .But when you're savouring every bite of Jo's nicely grilled chicken legs you'll forget how cramp it is inside.

I am hungry now:wink:

5. OP
    OP
    Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I spoke to Mrs. Ng the other night, she said she's charging 100 only, for entrance fee. We've seen her place uphill when my husband and I had a visit with her last year. Her place is just incredible! You won't believe what she's got up there. See for yourself. :smile:

6. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Thanks for the info, Swany! I can't wait to go this August. I just love her food! About a week ago, my husband and his family were chatting about how much we miss the mouth-watering rotisserie chicken from Jo's Inato.

7. paulbaguio

paulbaguio DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Guys, picture of Jo's by the sea!!

Attached Files:

8. OP
    OP
    Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    WOW! paulbaguio; How did you happen to know her place? Was it advertised? She'd told me on the phone (long distance) that her resort was opened just over a month ago. That is really a unique and unusual building! It's gonna be very cool inside because of the thatch-like roof (or maybe that's a genuine thatch) I could hardly wait to see her resort. This is really a beauty! Thanks for sharing this awesome pic. :smile:

9. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    That's quite a unique hut (esp in Dumaguete). Auntie Jo's creativity never fails to amaze me. Those rice steppes at her resort alone just blew me away, and now this. Thanks for the pic! She had mentioned back in April that her restaurant was newly opened, but I had pictured that it was just a small eatery on a terrace overlooking the sea, with a view of Cebu. I should have remembered that with Auntie Jo, nothing is ever that simple!

10. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    HI guys, especially to Swany, Jo's By The Sea is so popular at lunch time and crazier at night time. The place is clean and there is this charm and nice feeling to be there.
    Had our lunch and there were buses parked outside the grotto taking pictures and others paid (100PhP) to get in and see the well manicured lanscape of the Virgin Mary grotto. Plan again to have dinner there as they said it's so popular. I will keep you posted. Got some photos but don't have time to post it. For sure when I will be back in England.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.