Dumaguete Info Search

Event July 9 - Brownout Notices

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Rye83, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    A bit late but I just ran across some brownout notices from NORECO II.

brownoutDumagueteAmlan.jpg
    brownoutTanjaySanMiguel.jpg
    brownoutTayakSiaton.jpg

Looks like Valencia is safe today. :tongue:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Looks like Bacong is safe to but never know. Wondering why on a Saturday its getting more frequent. Maybe the malls are wanting a quick surge of cash.

3. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    Yesterday night i was all set to watch the Wimbledon mens semi finals, because of the time difference the first match with Rodger Federer did not start until after 8pm, it was a great match but very long so the second match with Andy Murray that i really wanted to see did not start until around midnight.
    All was good and Andy was cruising to victory when 1.40am brownout Arghh Arghh Arghh no no no.
    I thought to myself don't panic it will be back on in 5min but no, 20min later power back just in time to see Andy signing autographs.
    UNBELIEVABLE !

It's more fun in the Philippines (is it ?)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    3:03 p.m.. Brownout in upper Batinguel. No notice was given of this.
    Grrrrrrrrrrrr.......................................
    Battery back-up lasts about 15 minutes, then I'll have to shut this thing down.
    Grrrrrrrrrrr....................................... again.

5. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    Liptong brownouts...........our powerwent off about 9pm last night till about 9.30pm..................and today from about 5am till 3pm.

We get quite a few brown outs here, some for 5 to 10 mins some 1 to 2 hours......quite frustrating at times

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    We had one in Valencia around that time in Valencia. Only lasted about 15 minutes though.

7. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    On the Facebook page it didn't mention anything beyond the Siaton-Zamboanguita schedule. A neighbor called Noreco 2 and got the word Sibulan was included so we were prepared. Some areas in Dumaguete didn't lose power. We had a generator here at one time was so noisy that the neighbor complained while we enjoyed the internet and air cond and lights while they sat in the dark.

I now have a smaller one here that hasn't worked and it is like a leaky roof that you only think of when it rains. :smile:

8. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    What size was it that it ran the aircon too? Was it gas or diesel?

9. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Hi we have a cheap 3.2 kva petrol generator that drives everything in the house including the 1.hp aircon in the bed room it uses about half a ltr an hour. it cost 12.500 p new

10. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    It is a 5000 watt. We moved it to the farm to use for construction tools. I said SILENT on it but the noise number was about 97 db. It had a 10 hp diesel engine.

The one we have at the house now is a 3600 watt gasoline that was poorly maintained by the previous owner. Have never got it to work because the previous owner didn't know how to shut it down properly and the carb is gummed up from sitting between brownouts. I've just procrastinated from hauling it down to Omega.

shakey

• Like Like x 1